cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer lied about item condition and want's a refund

What am I supposed to do if a buyer lied about the condition of an item they purchased and want a refund?  

I sold them a box of 100 NIB Onetoch test strips and they are saying they want a refund becasue "I have received my parcel from the seller and after inspecting the items purchased I noticed that this item has major tears on the box which make the box in used condition the seller has listed this item in new and unused condition which is not the case at all."

They were brand new and the box shipped inside another box to prevent any damage. There were NO tears in the box as they claim.  I cannot that someone would blatantly lie about this.

I am just a casual seller you could say, I don't have a 'store' and simply sell for people to make a couple of dollars here and there.

How can I win this case?  Can I win it?  What should I do?

All input would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely disgusted

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Buyer lied about item condition and want's a refund

Buyers lie all the time. 

You have a few very simple choices:  pay for the return and give a full refund once returned, give the buyer a full refund without return, or offer them a partial refund.   Those are your options. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I do know my refund options which unfortunately are not great. It is just a shame that people stoop so low and eBay no longer backs up the sellers like they use to. Granted our choices still weren't that great years ago either but at least they gave us a little backing.
Is there a way to block a buyer? If not there should be.
Thank you for your reply.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You can add the buyer to your blocked buyers list.

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the information
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@janine.2006 wrote:
I do know my refund options which unfortunately are not great. It is just a shame that people stoop so low and eBay no longer backs up the sellers like they use to. Granted our choices still weren't that great years ago either but at least they gave us a little backing.
Is there a way to block a buyer? If not there should be.
Thank you for your reply.

Don't forget the glowing feedback, you wouldn't want to hurt their feelings.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply