cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer is stating my items are defective. It's not likely.

So I bought an item (audio mixer) on an auction, seller claimed in the listing that everything was working properly. As soon as it arrived I discovered problems with it and after approx 1 week of recording videos and taking pictures of the troubled item I requested a return-ebay money back guarantee. When you start a return for a defective item you can only upload photos and this being an item wich was visually OK but not internaly, photos are not going to show anything. Anyway, I took photos and drew some schemes on them suggesting problems. Seller is, of course, refusing this stating that it was not being used properly and the things I am claiming are problematic are infact normal.Finding out that the item was relisted after some other buyer had won the auction of the exactly the same item from same seller was also alarming(thinking he returned it when he discovered the same problems).

My friend happens to have a same audio mixer working perfectly (according to guides and manuals,online demo videos) so it was not hard to film 2 videos: the good one working and than the bad one I got from ebay on the same settings to see that there were problems. As soon as I sent these videos to the seller via gmail (remember!you can only upload photos when starting a ebay return case),the seller got the upper hand and asked ebay to step in as soon as their step in window allowed him. He wrote some comment explaining that it is handled improperly and was referencing to his prestine feedback record.

Now I am worried that e bay will bring a bad desicion based on his comments and my uploaded photos without viewing the videos I took which can really straight forward prove the deffects.

I spent 800Euros on this item and am being played for a fool.

Can anybody give me any advice on what to do? The decision will be brought in 48 h (june 10th)

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer is stating my items are defective. It's not likely.

@2behappyall wrote:

It is very difficult for the reader and the seller to decide what's wrong with the item. What I suggest that you bring the item to the store/person who specialize about this type of equipment and ask him/her to check and test the item. If it is defected as you said, then the technician should give you a written opinion and send it to the seller.

There's no reason the buyer should take it and have it checked out, the buyer has Ebays MBG on their side.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

@lukba0

As long as you started the case with a reason that says the item was not as described in some way, including defective, not working or doesn't match the description, then you will get a refund. If the seller wants the item back, then eBay will make them pay for the return.

eBay can't judge if the item is defective or not, because they can't see it or inspect it. So they take the buyer's word for it. As long as the buyer doesn't have a record of filing too many cases or false cases, they will ask the buyer to return the item, and the seller has to refund the full payment when they get it back.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

In case this return gets settled out in my favour how much refund can I expect out of all my expenses (listing price,shipping price and return shipping price)?

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

As long as you started a "Not as described" case, you will get a full refund, of the entire amount you paid.

The seller is supposed to either provide a prepaid return shipping label (if you are int he same country as the seller) or pay for the return shipping up-front. If they don't, then you need to contact eBay customer service before the deadline for sending the package back.

I would recommend that you log on to eBay UK and contact customer service from there if you need to. Because the item was listed on eBay UK, and because you can use Live Chat to contact them there, and not have to make an expensive phone call.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. The item was bought on ebay.com internationally, shipped from England to Croatia as a part of ebay global shipping program. It cost me around 45 Eur.
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

"BUYER is stating MY items are defective.  It's not likely"??  Your title points you out to be the seller.  You say it's "not likely" the item is defective.  Are YOU the buyer or the seller?

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

No. I am the buyer. The title was recommended so I assume I selected it by accident being on phone and clumsy. Is there a way to change it now

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

There's no need to change the title, and no way for you to do it yourself, anyway.

I assumed that might have been what the seller said in the case, but it was clear in your post that you were the buyer, and you clearly explained what had happened.

As long as you have the information you need, that's what matters.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

It is very difficult for the reader and the seller to decide what's wrong with the item. What I suggest that you bring the item to the store/person who specialize about this type of equipment and ask him/her to check and test the item. If it is defected as you said, then the technician should give you a written opinion and send it to the seller.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

That is a good thought and would definitely make this process a lot more secure and faster for both sellers and buyers. Than the problem would also be more expense (technician's vage, more shipping).
In the end only thing that would help in my case is just an option to send ebay these videos. Everything that is wrong with this item is shown in them and is clear as a day.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

There is an Ebay MBG, money back guarantee logo on almost every page.  It most likely is on the listing that you bought.  It says, get the item you ordered or your money back.  Includes purchase price and original shipping.

There is a link there to click if you want more information.

You may want to familarize yourself with the Buyer Protection policies; they can only help you if you know how they work and use them, and they are simple to know.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@2behappyall wrote:

If the store person alters this in any way by the testing, the OP cannot return as the item is not as he received it.

And all of this is not necessary.  Ebay will find for the buyer because of the MBG.  No need to make it difficult.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@2behappyall wrote:

There's no reason the buyer should take it and have it checked out, the buyer has Ebays MBG on their side.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

If the OP takes it to "have it checked out" he needs to understand he then owns it~~it can't be returned.  He also needs to understand ebay does not accept pictures or videos as proof of anything.  He just needs to file the item not as described case~~that's all he needs to do.  Everything else is a waste of time.

He has the option to open a case right in the listing~~all he has to do is click on "report a problem".  That will lead him right through opening a return request for not as described.  He can then escalate it if the seller refuses to work with him or refuses the return within a certain time frame. 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

If you are the buyer, you will need to file a not as described (defective item) return request.  Since this involves a GSP program item, I believe that the seller then contacts eBay and advises them that it was sent through GSP and eBay handles the refunding from there.  At least that is how I understand it to work here in the US.  I'm not sure of the UK, but I would think the system similar.

Of course, I'm not sure if the defect could have caused by the GSP program or if you are saying that it is a manufacturing defect.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 15 of 21
latest reply