cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer in Ireland Pays $6.71 for shipping: my eBay International Standard Delivery cost is $14

So what gives?  eBay is charging a buyer less than 1/2 of the cost of what I have to pay for delivery?  My package weight is set to 4 oz in the listing, in a small poly bag.  So not sure where the problem lies... 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Buyer in Ireland Pays $6.71 for shipping: my eBay International Standard Delivery cost is $14

Which item was it @seymourssi ? I looked at a couple of your recent sales item 372708552356 & 401864837811 and both show $20.50 to Ireland via USPS First Class Package International.

Please let us know which item so we can check the shipping section and rule out any potential issues with the listing.

If the listing shows accurate ship costs, then you might be facing the same problem as this seller from a month ago:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Be-careful-using-Ebay-International-Standard-shipping-Buyers-...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Buyer in Ireland Pays $6.71 for shipping: my eBay International Standard Delivery cost is $14

That listing shows a flat ship cost of $6.71 to all international locations via USPS First Class Package International. This is a seller error and you can revise the listing to fix it for future sales, but on this sale you'll be paying the $7+ for the error @seymourssi .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It may be a seller error, but I don't know why.  Here is a similar listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374204325296

It shares the same business policy, and has the same weight and package dimensions.  But this one shows the correct International rate, as compared to the first one ....

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I'll bet it's one of two things @seymourssi :

Either they are 2 different shipping policies or you edited the shipping policy specific to that one listing.

Go to this page to see what you find: https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage

GLORIOUS!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Instead of using parcel rates, it looks like the policy is using the rate for a large envelope which doesn't have tracking.  Your listing shows rates of $6.71 to places like the UK and Ireland and a rate of $6.49 to Egypt and some other locations.  Those rates match the USPS calculator for a 4 oz large envelope.   

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Good catch, PJ. The issue @seymourssi is probably on the backend - something you cannot edit because eBay removed the option. The listing is probably set with a "package type" of large envelope (flat) instead of package (thick envelope).

You cannot edit that field since eBay removed it from the listing form, however there is a work-around.

Change that listing to local pickup only, no international shipping. Save changes.

After that revise the listing again apply the business policy you want to use. Save changes.

That should fix it. Use those steps then come back and let us know when you're done and we can tell you what the listing shows for international shipping.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

So that worked!  I created a new policy called 'tester' with no International shipping, and moved the item into that policy.  Then moved it back to it's old policy, and it now shows the correct info.  Thanks for the help ...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply