cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer asking if I can use their FedEx account for international shipping...

This is not allowed, correct? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Dont do it: easily redirected and no delivery.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@mcfan2015 wrote:

This is not allowed, correct? 

I would only do this if the payment is in the form of a bank wire or a PayPal "friends & family" payment. In other words, if the buyer has paid with the equivalent of cash, I'll ship it any way they desire.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It depends on the reason. Some  buyers have preferred shipping rates and import licenses that allow items to be received more quickly for less $s. I had this happen once and he sent me a label and I gave it to my UPS guy. It was  a bit of a mess up since for some reason it was supposed to be picked up. Got delayed for a bit but made.

I would ask why they want this and see what the reason is. I would also let them know that once you ship you can't be held responsible if the item no longer arrives. Not sure any legal protection but be clear they are taking on the responsibility.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I did it 1 time for a $1000 watch maybe.I could tell the guy was a fellow watch nut......

he gave me his manifest thing or number and I went over to the UPS store and showed the clerk

I think the angle was he was paranoid of loss and he figured it was going to pass thru customs easier

it coud have been his buisness.........his bosses number...........not sure

in the end it was fine but I would never do it again

I am a USPS shipper........ups is foreign to me and I could have been taken for a ride but it worked out

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It's allowed but it's not a good idea. If you haven't purchased the shipping you won't be able to make any claims for lost or damage.  Telling the buyer that they are responsible doesn't mean anything to ebay. The buyer would still be able to file a claim.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Mine was a watch too. To Italy. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It's allowed but it's not a good idea. If you haven't purchased the shipping you won't be able to make any claims for loss or damage.  Telling the buyer that they are responsible doesn't mean anything to ebay. The buyer would still be able to file a claim.

Exactly why it has to be "cash" if using their account.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply