cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer asked for return: Return reason: Just didn't like it

I have a return policy of buyer may return items for any reason. I have this one buyer who wants to return a reusable grocery bag. She opened the return as "Just didn't like it" so she is paying return shipping. When/if I receive it back do I need to refund both the original shipping  cost and the item cost? Or just the item cost.  Paypal has a hold on the whole amount. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I believe you refund the cost + original postage. In the "old Days" of eBay "just didn't like it" would have been considered "buyer remorse'..eBay much more "buyer friendly" these days! Another example is that sellers can no longer leave Negative feedback.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You do not have to refund the original shipping cost for a buyer's remorse return unless you offered the item with free shipping in which case you would have to refund the full amount.   

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

green-night is correct.
refund original price, not shipping.
verify your item is exactly the same condition as when sold of course.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

my answer may not have been right.I said price + original postage. best check with eBay

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@ddmj6 wrote:

my answer may not have been right.I said price + original postage. best check with eBay

Why check with eBay? When OP goes to issue the refund it will tell her what to issue and since its remorse, she will see the option to refund the item price only. Or Why not just read the policy rather than ask eBay? It states exactly what the others state--for a buyers remorse return the refund is the item price only. http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html#refunds

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It depends if you offered "Free Shipping" if so, you have to refund the entire amount unless you have a restocking fee in which case you can reduce by that amount. I couldn't find the item you sold, so its hard to answer yes or no without seeing the listing. BTW, this falls under "Buyers Remorse".  I'd be really surprised if you got it back, but I really don't know what they paid. If you see nothing/hear nothing, let sleeping dogs lie. DON'T message the buyer and ask if they are going to send it or not.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply