cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Paid but Requesting Shipping Delay

Sorry if this a repeat, not sure my initial post was tagged correctly.

I sold an item.  The buyer paid but is asking for first a week delay in shipping and now another week.

While I wait I am getting alerts that shipping is overdue.

Is there a way to indicate delayed shipping due to buyer request?  Or stop the alerts some other way?

Thanks, Tammy

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@rewovenquilts 

you have to ship within your stated time when a buyer pays. This will cause you to get a defect. Explain to your buyer what eBay’s policy is, and get that mailed. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Mail it. Buyer must have someone nearby to watch out for package to arrive. I live in an apartment  building and I do accept packages for neighbors and pick them up in the lobby and drop their packages at their doors.

I assume there will be tracking...and my neighbor(s) will tell me when package has been delivered and put it by their door. Friends, family or neighbors can help.

I have even signed for a package for a neighbor.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I answered your original post and it is here https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Buyer-requesting-shipping-delay/m-p/34339466#M634824

@rewovenquilts 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so much.  Are there rules about canceling over a week after the buyer has paid?

Tammy

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You've already received a ding for late shipping. May as well hold it until that time now.

The time to tell the buyer you can't do that was before it went into shipping overdue.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

You've already received a ding for late shipping. May as well hold it until that time now.

The time to tell the buyer you can't do that was before it went into shipping overdue.

Good point about already receiving the defect.  But I would still communicate with the buyer.  Ask if they want you to cancel and then they can repurchase at a more convenient time.  Then you can choose buyer requested.  If not, you have already received a defect and can wait longer, but then what?  How long?   

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for the discussion.  I did reach out to the buyer with options to ship now or cancel.  I have not heard back yet. It’s an expensive item so I don’t want to risk shipping and have it ‘go missing’.  Hopefully will hear back today. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply