cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batteries held at Global shipping Center

Hi everyone, I’ve been selling on eBay a little over a year, I also ship internationally and use the Global Shipping Program so I sold a 2 pack Milwaukee battery set new in package, model number is 48-11-1837 in case you want to look it up and see exactly what I shipped out. I used USPS and shipped it out in a box 

I am uncertain as to which country it was going to from the global shipping center but I checked tracking and seen this message (Undeliverable-item restricted at global shipping program and I also see that the buyer was refunded the money but the money has not yet been taken from me or a hold placed against it

questions are what happens with this transaction or with the product? Will the funds be taken out from my side? What happens with the battery’s? 

Also should I avoid shipping these batteries in the future? I don’t want to out anyone’s life at risk as I was unaware of the hazards until I just now started reading about it

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes package was successfully delivered to GSP location and yes I think the restriction was to the country it was going to. 

I have another customer that wants to purchase batteries and for me to ship to a forwarding company in Delaware and from there to Russia.

At first I thought it was a scam as I typed in the address in google and seen all types of Russian scams but then I decided I will proceed with the transaction if he still wants them until this happened, now I’m worried about shipping the batteries to that forwarding company. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

USPS is kind of picky about batteries.............especially lithium..My clerk is always asking about my watches

watch batteries use silver oxide.

if the batteries are taken/confiscated  or refused then nothing  bad  happens,the  buyer gets the payment back and GSP resells the batteries.........you keep your payment

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Was the packages successfully delivered to the GSP location? If so, then USPS did not restrict it, the GSP did. Possibly because the country it was going to has a restriction.

I don't see batteries on the GSP restricted list, but the list is not all inclusive >

Note: This is not a full list of unsupported categories. If the category you're listing in doesn't support the Global Shipping Program, you'll see an alert when you create your listing.

Here is the link to read regarding GSP>

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/global-shipping-program?id...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yes package was successfully delivered to GSP location and yes I think the restriction was to the country it was going to. 

I have another customer that wants to purchase batteries and for me to ship to a forwarding company in Delaware and from there to Russia.

At first I thought it was a scam as I typed in the address in google and seen all types of Russian scams but then I decided I will proceed with the transaction if he still wants them until this happened, now I’m worried about shipping the batteries to that forwarding company. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@johnnyjk56 

What is you concern with shipping to a freight forwarder in the USA?

I ask because people who have googled it are all bent out of shape irrationally.  As sale to a FF is the same as a USA sale.

Oh I am sure someone will come along with some nuance or "what if" or speculation of what might happen. but selling to a FF is as safe as any other USA transaction.  PLUS, if you have proof the seller intends to have the package forwarded from the USA, the seller protections are even better than a USA sale.

Canceling the sale and you will get an account defect for uncompleted sale.  Do something like a false reason for the cancellation and you'll rack up an other defect for a  violation of eBay policy.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

i use froward company in usa , germany, uk, its enough to see how much your buyer have feedback , if he have alot and all are positive then forward adress is good as your at your home 😉 .... 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply