cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having trouble with USPS?

Over the last week we have had 8 customers now with lost or very slow moving packages from USPS. We have several cases open for item not received, some showing out for delivery to the buyer, from 8 days ago with no delivery, one in CA, one in TX and one in MO. 3 Show being scanned at our local post office with no scans since, 7 days now. All of our orders were shipped same day or the next day, well within out 2 day handling. Just curious of anyone else is seeing this as well. Seems like the postal service is collapsing, it sure is hurting our business.  Needless to say we have angry customers, we feel so helpless. 

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Anyone else having trouble with USPS?

@stuff4divas wrote:

me? i would call all involved post offices that show the 'out for delivery' scan. lots of times the item gets delivered but does not get scanned as such.

IME this is the case nine times out of ten. I've had a couple where that happened but the buyer left me positive feedback, so they obviously did in fact receive the item despite it never getting a delivery scan.

Message 31 of 53
latest reply

Seeing major USPS issues as well on my inbound packages in North Georgia. And off the chart delays, stuck packages, mis-routed to and from the 3 main Atlanta distribution hubs to wrong in state post offices and distribution depots out of state. I have one expensive priority package seemingly sent from Fairburn, GA distribution center to Mobile, AL and lost since Feb 23. Several more have had zero movement in 4-5 days with delivery estimated missed long ago. In all, I have 10 packages in flux THIS WEEK ALONE with "Delivery Date Unknown"  with zero movement or updates for several days due to misrouting and other unknown delays.  As a seller or buyer, I will no longer use USPS. At the very least, FED-EX and UPS, while not perfect, seems to hit their deadlines in my area and are far more reliable. Time to accept that USPS is irreparably broken. Life is too short to deal with this aggravation and financial loss. 

Message 32 of 53
latest reply

Without reading the whole thread,  I would suggest shipping anything you deem as a significant dollar amount and something you can't take a loss on, with UPS.

I ship any and all chump change type items USPS.

Posting ID
Message 33 of 53
latest reply

Just an update, 2 of the 8 finally got delivered, 7 days late. The remaining 6, 2 say out for delivery going on 10 - 12 days now with no folllow up scans, the other 4 showing no scans now for 10 to 12 days, all 6 cases in different states. 

Message 34 of 53
latest reply

You are knocking down a lot of sales per day. Nice work.

Hope your USPS shipments show better overall results moving forward.

Posting ID
Message 35 of 53
latest reply

I too have had some packages get stuck and take days longer to arrive.

Message 36 of 53
latest reply

I've had same issue, it's not USPS I've done some digging and found that the sellers are shipping from China but items listed as shipping from US. I've got at least 4 orders I've been tracking that I can say for sure are misrepresenting shipping location.  One said it's being shipped from north Hollywood California another from little elm, Texas another from North Bergen, New Jersey and another from Hebron, Kentucky.. but I've looked into all of them, and all are the same. They shipped via USPS but when you try to track any of them it's always, USPS awaiting item, I don't know if it's just me but they're the only sellers to message when they shipped the item. I'm in the process of reporting all the sellers I've looked into that are violating ebay's policy.

Message 37 of 53
latest reply

I just got 3 item not recieve claims opened on my account. Got a call from Usps on 1, and they said they aren't sure what happened. The other 2, haven't gotten a call about them yet. I spoke with the postal lady about the delay and she told me that usps decided to stop using contracted drivers and move over to just USPS employees l. Its really a bummer because I've never had to deal with this sort of thing and they won't let you open a insurance claim until 15 days after the last scan.

Message 38 of 53
latest reply

Are you a dropshipper???/ That being the case you are the reason for the issues you are having.

Message 39 of 53
latest reply

If usps dropped the contracted vehicles used to move freight then that is our problems, there is a big difference between contracted and govt. workers, one gets the job done and the other takes a break, no offense to usps workers but I have worked on both sides of the aisle and there is a big difference, lack of motivation in union workers usually causes that, govt. employees lack that motivation also, ups is different though, never had issues there.

I have packages from my sources taking 2 weeks, from one part of texas to another part of texas and it has literally taken 13 days, that is ridiculous!!!

Message 40 of 53
latest reply

This is what I am going to do moving forward, wish everyone luck in shipping, not sure why usps would do that other than trying to save money but they just gimped themselves by dumping contractors.

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

There must have been a problem on Monday April 8, 2024 because a lot of those shipments have failed to scan and have been marked "delayed" by the USPS. 

Message 42 of 53
latest reply

I have 15 open missing mail cases right now. Yes, there are some major issues. Most of the problem is my local sorting facility that just can't do their job. 

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

You may want to actually read what they wrote. They're the buyer not the seller. Seriously? 

Message 44 of 53
latest reply

@selsa84 wrote:

I have 15 open missing mail cases right now. Yes, there are some major issues. Most of the problem is my local sorting facility that just can't do their job. 

Anything I have that is shipping your way will go UPS, regardless of cost.....

Posting ID
Message 45 of 53
latest reply