cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another USPS Tracking Stinks Post!

Can anyone else confirm that over the last two days, USPS isn't updating anything for you? I've dropped off 3 boxes and have the acceptance scan receipt in my hand yet none of them say anything more the pre-shipment info received. (it never takes more than 2 hours to register and we're on 28 hours). I also have a box coming to me stuck in the same limbo. Are their systems down or am I just lucky?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Another USPS Tracking Stinks Post!

I am having the same problem since yesterday with tracking not being updated on packages shipped via USPS.  Have receipts showing package acceptance but nothing else.  This is a first time for me for this issue and I am in the NC region.  Tried to call USPS today but told the wait time was between 50-60 minutes.  I have been contacting my customers alerting them to this problem.

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm going on 31 hours for one box with nothing and 9 for the others. However, packages coming to me that were sent before yesterday are updating.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

Tried to call USPS today but told the wait time was between 50-60 minutes.

You called because your tracking hasn't updated since yesterday?  Maybe the wait time was because lots of others were calling in with the same non-problem.

I have been contacting my customers alerting them to this problem.

Is this really a problem that you need to contact buyers about?

Really?

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

I would think 100 buyers out of 100 would appreciate that sort of communication from their seller.
Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@captsportwood wrote:
I would think 100 buyers out of 100 would appreciate that sort of communication from their seller.

And you would be wrong, if I were one of those 100.

There is enough junk email just from eBay after every purchase.  I certainly don't want or need a seller to give me hourly updates on the status of my package.  Especially when there is nothing to update.

Just mail the darn thing and give it time to get delivered.  Not all buyers are so unreasonable as to expect instant transport of their purchases.

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

I am in the Northern NJ area and I just noted over the past two days as well that the acceptance tracking scan at the post office is not registering, which is highly unusual. One of three  priority packages I shipped yesterday still has not registered on the usps website which is unusual as well. The other two packages did not register there acceptance scans, but did register arrival at local distribution centers. All this is unusual over the past two to three days only. 

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Definitely sounds like a company wide issue.

Mine have finally updated as of 10 minutes ago. Of course, I sent a priority 2 day from Chicago Tuesday morning to Florida and it just arrived in Montana with no update regarding rescheduled delivery. At least they know where it is.
Message 22 of 28
latest reply

@ckamph01 wrote:

The other two packages did not register their acceptance scans, but did register arrival at local distribution centers. All this is unusual over the past two to three days only. 

Sounds like the Acceptance branch hasnt't uploaded their data, or there's some regional network issue below the distribution/sorting level.

We had a similar (but much worse) event northwest of Chicago a couple years or so back where some doofus at the regional data center botched an update and knocked out all service to multiple town POs in the area for two or three days, during which time they couldn't do any computerized transactions. The actual mail travel was not impacted, and certain nearby towns were on a different network and not affected by the outage, so if you had something important that needed to be recorded (including money order purchases and such), they sent folks over there. I bet they made sure that was never going to happen again...

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

I've had 4 packages dropped off to USPS 2 in NC and 2 In NY on deifferent dates  that the tracking never showed recoeved and not only am I losing on refunding for the items but I've paid the shipping.  I guess now I have to go stand in line for every little stupid one and get a reciept.  NOT WORTH IT.  

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

I have 2 packages saying the same thing in grand Rapids with an expected delivery to south Dakota tomorrow but no updates
Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Priority Package taking 2 weeks from Minnesota to Jacksonville NC.  Little to very little tracking data furnished in between. Spent 3 days within the local delivery area. WHAT ARE WE PAYING THE EXTRA MONEY FOR? POOR SERVICE! THAT'S WHAT. 

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

FYI - Every shipper is busy this time of year.  The USPS handles in one day what FedEx and UPS together handle in one year.  You do the math. No one needs to know where his or her package is every second of the delivery trip. No computer system could even handle that much data for all of the packages.

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Unless someone is holding a gun to your head, you have other shipping options.  Of course, you will not be able to afford any of these other options cost-effectively.  The fact is the USPS remains THE finest shipping service in the world for the number of items handled.  The USPS handles in ONE day what FedEx and UPS combined handle in one YEAR.  You do the math.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply