cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on creating a shipping policy that ships to as many countries as possible

When you create a shipping policy, do you choose individual services or do you just use Ebay International Shipping (EIS) as the default?  I'm confused, because EIS is not shown as an option in the business policy tool, even though EIS is enabled in my account.  So if I build a shipping policy offering UPS to Canada, will it show EIS to buyers in all other countries?  And for Canadians will it show only UPS, or both UPS and EIS?  I'm confused.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Advice on creating a shipping policy that ships to as many countries as possible

@dimbulb00 wrote:

When you create a shipping policy, do you choose individual services or do you just use Ebay International Shipping (EIS) as the default?  I'm confused, because EIS is not shown as an option in the business policy tool, even though EIS is enabled in my account.  So if I build a shipping policy offering UPS to Canada, will it show EIS to buyers in all other countries?  And for Canadians will it show only UPS, or both UPS and EIS?  I'm confused.

I do not use eBay EIS but for an entirely different reason. USPS is my default choice. I can ship internationally for less than eBay is charging AND I am not limited by eBay's country or product choices.

And you DO NOT want to use UPS to Canada (or for that matter ANY international country.) Not shown in the rate you are presented with are additional international customs clearing charges and brokerage fees that you will be charged. Even worse - the host country's postal system will not deliver a package coming in from USPS unless all customs and import fees are paid. BUT !!! UPS and FedEx will simply drop off the package and then bill the recipient for those taxes after the fact. If after some time they do not pay it then both services will back charge YOU for the taxes. And since that bill comes through eBay you do not even get the chance to dispute it.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Advice on creating a shipping policy that ships to as many countries as possible

Very interesting, thanks!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply