cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on International Return

I purchased a relatively expensive item, $1000. It arrived not as described, and so I requested a return. The seller agreed but because it's international they can't provide a label. 

I went to ship back and realized the return address is different than what's on the box so I asked the seller. Apparently it's an old address. He's asking me to send to a different address. Of course the return is already open and it says use a different address. 

I've called eBay and the rep says he's "made a note in the case" and he's seen our communication and to mail it to the new address but I'm leery of trusting the rep because I know the rules. Mail it back to address given. 

I've contacted the seller and he's tried updating the address but he can't, my return still says the old address. 

Any advice?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Send it to the address on file,  the seller is responsible for updating the address as soon as they get a new one

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@stepllew-4 wrote:

Send it to the address on file,  the seller is responsible for updating the address as soon as they get a new one

Um, your seller pays return shipping, @dutchessofblackhawk, even if they can't provide a label; eBay says:

If the buyer is sending an item back because it doesn't match the listing description or it arrived damaged or faulty, you're responsible for the cost of return shipping, even if you don't offer returns.

Your return request is at the Send The Item Back stage. And you've already called eBay once; before time runs out, call eBay again to ask that your request be escalated to a case for the reason seller cannot provide a label.

eBay will put the case on hold for 5 days for your seller to either 1. PayPal you the funds* to pay for return postage, or 2. just refund, no return. If you seller does neither after 5 days, eBay will force a refund, no return.

*provide your seller a PayPal/your PayPal email address when asked

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@gwgw-73 Thank you so much!! I gave them a call and they are going to email the seller that they need to pay for a label before I send this. They tried escalating my claim but they're getting an error message but she did put notes on my account. So I guess now we wait to see if the seller sends some money! Thanks again!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply