cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 and 60 days return and hidden 14 days returns.

It is mind bugling to accept and adhere to 30, 60 days return policy.   E-bay talks about 14 days also but the option  is never available when listing items.  When a buyer chooses something to purchase,  it is not like was a gift and did not know what they need it for.  In other words based on decent trade behavior the buyer 95% is aware of what they are buying.  Damage, wrong description, stock photos etc. could be the 5% room for not wanting the item that just arrived after the buyer purchased and willingly paid for.  Now the question is:  Which idiot needs more than 1-3 days to figure out if they want the item or not.  Even  a person with mental disability can make the decision in 1-3 days.  To allow a buyer to keep the buyers merchandise longer is RULES  setting stage for dishonesty, abuse and all other indecent behavior toward the sellers only and at the sellers loss.  BE REMINDED  that E-Bay makes all its revenues from the sellers and all the advertisement they sell and post on the sellers item pages,  In the meantime, they are abusing the sellers investments to allow abuses use our products up to 60 days and return it with a Not as described reason.  

This is the most scummy management decision not to allow the sellers choose how they would like to conduct their business and their merchandise and customer.  This is like a landlord of a store telling the store owner how to conduct their legitimate business.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebay forced me to change all my listing to NO RETURNS.  Remember all they want is money. They want to force people to add shipping and returns into their prices driving the price of your product up and make it look like free shipping and returns. See what they DON'T and WON'T  see is people look at PRICE first. If your price is higher than other sites they will automatically go to the other site. See if they force you into adding it to your price they can justify charging you seller fees based on the higher price. So if you think about it ebay is CHARGING you for using USPS by adding it to your seller fees which Im sure if presented to the Attorney General (which im looking into) has to be illegal. You cant charge people for using a Federal entity. You cant profit from the USPS and they are doing just that.  Change all your returns to NO RETURNS if everyone does this and sticks to it we will get 14 day returns back soon enough. Problem is there are too many sheep just following the herd and no one stands up and fights back anymore. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I agree 100% with you. Who needs 30 or 60 days to decide if what they bought is not what they wanted.  Clothes, jewelry, shoes? They can wear them to some parties or every day for 30 or 60 days, and then return them saying "They are not as described". I had someone return something they bought saying that the price they paid was too high. eBay forced me to refund their money. If you think eBay is an auction company, you are wrong. It is not, even if it advertises itself as an auction company. At an auction you cannot return anything you win. It's yours, period. That is the purpose of an auction. You buy it cheaply and take the chance. But you cannot return it.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Unfortunately 14 day returns are now only available in: Collectibles & Art, Cameras & Photo and Medical, Mobility & Disability Equipment.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Sadly 14 day returns are only allowed to limited categories. I started selling on 3 other online venues last year where items can’t be returned or the venue takes the return for the seller and they sell it themselves. On all of those venues buyers get 3 days to accept an item and say it is as described. I suppose a buyer could still be dishonest, but at least it’s a shorter window to be dishonest in. I’m actually getting a higher selling price on those venues too and getting rid of inventory that has been dead for me on eBay lol. 

Sadly, after all these years I might be leaving eBay later this year. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply