cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the seller won't cancel my order

Anonymous
Not applicable

the seller won't cancel my order even though i told him to. He says that eBay is charging him 9% to cancel the order... now eBay will open a case against me saying i didn't pay for the seller. (i cannot pay because it says the Item doesn't ship to my location at the final checkout) the seller refused to ship the Item to my location saying that he'll only ship to USA... this seller is purposely trying to get some amount of money from me as i think.... what shall i do now? Please help me ….or my eBay account will be suspended if they open a case against me…

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Your seller is not being truthful, he will not have to pay 9% if he cancels the order.  All he has to do is cancel using problem with the buyer's address, and he gets ALL of his money back except the listing fee (may even get that back... can't remember).  One other tidbit of information, unless you have a US based address and tried to trick him into sending to Sri Lanka after the fact, the fact that you were able to buy the item at all means the seller did not have the listing set up correctly.  If he had you would have been blocked from buying.

You account will NOT be suspended if the sellers opens an UPI (unpaid item) claim against you.  Buyers have to do way way way more than not pay for one item to get a suspension on eBay.  Buyers are King on eBay.

Let the seller play his/her little games and then once you get the unpaid item strike, call eBay and ask them to read the messages and remove the strike.

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@pinupsplus wrote:

Your seller is not being truthful, he will not have to pay 9% if he cancels the order.  All he has to do is cancel using problem with the buyer's address, and he gets ALL of his money back except the listing fee (may even get that back... can't remember).  One other tidbit of information, unless you have a US based address and tried to trick him into sending to Sri Lanka after the fact, the fact that you were able to buy the item at all means the seller did not have the listing set up correctly.  If he had you would have been blocked from buying.

You account will NOT be suspended if the sellers opens an UPI (unpaid item) claim against you.  Buyers have to do way way way more than not pay for one item to get a suspension on eBay.  Buyers are King on eBay.

Let the seller play his/her little games and then once you get the unpaid item strike, call eBay and ask them to read the messages and remove the strike.

While you're at it and have eBay CS support on the phone, you can try to report the seller.  He COULD have used the problem with address reason for cancellation, but the truth is it is a cancellation for an incorrectly set up listing.

Blink Blink
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Thank you very much for helping me out dear.... I will wait till the seller responds and play his part.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

It actually looks like your seller is really really inexperienced.  He either doesn't know that what he is saying is untrue, or he is hoping you will send you the 9%.  I actually can't believe someone would play this little game for less than 2 & 1/2 bucks.  Really sad.

BTW and side note... Under normal circumstances sellers do not HAVE to cancel just because a buyer asks them to. 

Blink Blink
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help me... This seller has opened a case for an unpaid Item. He won't even reply or respond to my emails... He's  cheating....

how can i report this seller and contact eBay through email?

please help me or my account will be suspended...

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Your account will NOT be suspended. 

If this is your first UPI strike call eBay & they will probably remove the strike after the UPI closes. 

Or you could just pay for this item. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

eBay won't allow me to pay for the item saying the item doesn't ship to my location... I'm in a serious situation and this the first encounter of such.

what shall i do now dear?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

eBay won't allow me to pay for the item saying the item doesn't ship to my location... I'm in a serious situation and this the first encounter of such.

what shall i do now dear?

Go back & read my previous reply.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Actually,  I probably would not cancel your order either if you "told" me to.  Although I might if you asked  me to do so nicely.  A seller is not required to cancel a transaction on demand.

If you fail to pay the seller can file a UID against you.

I'm curious as to how the situation got this far if the seller doesn't ship to your country.  Didn't you check to see that he ships to your country before placing your order?  Actually, the system shouldn't have allowed you to place the order in that case so their shouldn'tbe anything to cancel.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The seller ask money from me if i want to cancel the order... He says 9% of the total value

Message 11 of 11
latest reply