cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why ebay why ?

Twice per year eBay comes up with a reason for us to revise our listings 

Many of my listings are very old I may have started with 100 item or even as few as 5 but ...

Ebay had me revise for bigger pictures then it was mobile friendly and a myriad of reasons okay I am fine with that 

I just revised 500 listings for active content when I have not had any 3rd party subscriptions for years they were still there selling rewards etc.....

Now come to find out 75% of my listings that I just spent a month revising are going to be removed 

Why should I do it again ? Why I am going to have recreate my entire store all over again and redo my inventory in my warehuse really ? for a venue where the chance of a sale have become very low the fees are out of control and it is an easier format to list on my web site 

Why didnt they make the 2 year rule before the active content rule ?

I also put my entire store on sale at the begining of the month many items below cost hoping my listings would just sell out and I could delete them 

Why did the girl I just spoke to on the phone tell me none of my listings would be removed?

I read the seller update I have listings going back to 2010 I cant even tell when the last sale was unless I click on them individually 

am I missing something here will they just end or go off into never never land and be deleted ?

Any advice would greatly appreciated thanx for letting me rant 

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: why ebay why ?

@mistwomandancing wrote:

@yuzuha wrote:

Yeah, it makes me wonder what exactly is enough of a change to count as a "revision" if things like changing the description up a bit don't count...

I've always counted on being able to END my listing, then look it over and adjust and tweak a bit, perhaps a new fresh gallery picture against a different color background, rearrange the title words a smidge, update price to more closely compete with what's on the market at the moment, etc.

And then, send it up as a Brand Spanking New listing. 

I usually try to address this issue with some older listings every couple of weeks, so most everything gets turned and stirred every once-in-awhile...  seems to help stimulate sales too, so worth the time.

That's exactly why I stopped using GTC and switched to 30-day fixed price.  Much easier to make changes, plus you get the "New Listing" search bonus every time you relist.  If something is up for a while without sales, I may take it down and let it "rest" for a couple of weeks before I relist it just to try to draw some fresh eyes.  Sometimes that's all it takes to get it to sell.

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Re: why ebay why ?

I have a spread sheet I also am going to print out eBay when I finish and check against that

Stil a pain in the tukus especially my custom made seat section because I do those to order so I will have to check and match with pictures in my computer on that

I guess I am going to have to be more vigilant about printing every 30 days

Hee hee I had to learn the hard way I guess I got compacent

Thanx for your input everybody
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat
Message 32 of 32
latest reply