cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very sad snowbird

snowbirds ..there are thousands of us that sell 6 months in 1 state and 6 months in another

issue is ebay erases all photos and descriptions after 90 days, so we have to start from scratch, go to bottom of selling list again like a new seller, very bad for our sales..... ebay keeps my purchases on for a year, or so, buying history, please help....sooo much extra work starting over, please email me any answers,  or responses , granny usaflea

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: very sad snowbird

I do that on my desktop.  Every item has a folder with the photos and the listing data on Word.  It's just writing the listing first and saving it, then to list I just copy and paste.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

one sign in name

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

talking about ended listed items that get removed after 90 days, want to relist in 6 months

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

where are directions for that, need written instructions

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

that wd be 300 plus per month

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

Think of it as 30 a day, should take less than 10 minutes.  After they are ended, do a sell similar and save as draft.  After a month go in and 'complete' the draft and save again.  

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@usaflea wrote:

snowbirds ..there are thousands of us that sell 6 months in 1 state and 6 months in another

issue is ebay erases all photos and descriptions after 90 days, so we have to start from scratch, go to bottom of selling list again like a new seller, very bad for our sales..... ebay keeps my purchases on for a year, or so, buying history, please help....sooo much extra work starting over, please email me any answers,  or responses , granny usaflea

@usaflea wrote:

The least expensive and most simple way for you would be to open an account on the ranch. They allow the import of eBay listings and they also take out what sold on eBay. You can send these listings back any time. 

There are several paid third party services, for example, Auctiva, InkFrog etc. but like I said, there you pay a monthly subscription fee. 

Good luck

PW🐿

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

Have you tried saving the ended or unsold listings as drafts then go into them every month or so and make a little change and then save it again, it should regenerate until you get back, theoretically, I haven't tried it.  

I don't recommend saving inactive listings as drafts. Ebay has a nasty way of deleting drafts.

Either saving them to a flash drive or using a 3rd party listing tool as a backup would be the way to go.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

@usaflea wrote:

please help....sooo much extra work starting over, please email me any answers,  or responses , granny usaflea

For $20 a month you can get a tool like SixBit that will store your auctions offline for pretty much as long as you want.  

eBay had a free tool called Turbo Lister that did this for years, but unfortunately they have announced they will stop supporting it this summer. 

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

@prettywoman-2012 wrote:

@usaflea wrote:

@usaflea wrote:

The least expensive and most simple way for you would be to open an account on the ranch. They allow the import of eBay listings and they also take out what sold on eBay. You can send these listings back any time. 

There are several paid third party services, for example, Auctiva, InkFrog etc. but like I said, there you pay a monthly subscription fee. 

Good luck

PW🐿

Unfortunately I don't think synching with Bonanza would do the OP much good as if I'm reading it right the main issue is that half their inventory is is one place and the other half in another. So half the year they have no access to half their inventory so have to take the listings down.

If I'm right and that's the case, they would be better advised to invest a small sum in a 3rd party listing tool which will keep their inactive listings available to relist when ever they want to.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

@usaflea  You could save them locally using a word program and saving your photos, or use a 3rd party lister, but I think whatever you do, it would be best to find someone locally to sit down and just go through the basics of this with you, so you can step through them, take notes and learn the process.  I can promise you, it won't take you long - if you can put together a listing and sell, you can do this, no problem. 

My vote would be to simply save the listings yourself - that's what I do - copy the description and photos.  Then I have them for next season.  At one point I had to do 250-300+ listings at a time, and once I got a system worked out, I just went through them in batches, 50 a day, listening to an audiobook, you can have the TV going or whatever, it goes fast.  It didn't take that long.

But have someone sit down and go through the steps - that way you can ask questions, do some practice, get things set up the way that works best for you. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 26 of 28
latest reply

OP definitely needs the some one to sit down with them and show them what to do step by step.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

For those who don't know, even existing saved drafts go stale. After a few weeks all the photos in the draft will become corrupt and require to be re-uploaded. However, there is a workaround to just keep creating copies of the draft and deleting the old copy of the draft (don't have to delete the old copy if you don't mind a mess of drafts). We just do it on rare occasions where we are not yet ready to execute a draft, and just need to buy a little time before the draft gets eaten by the ebay algorithm and we lose everything.

So you could just keep your listings as drafts and recreate new copies of the drafts in bulk every week so that they stay fresh. Time consuming workaround = yes.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply