cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timing auctions relative to payouts?

Do you have most success in auctions ending on a certain day relative to your payout?

For the past 4-6 weeks I experimented with auctions by having them end only Thurs and Sundays. This works fine.....when Sunday orders are promptly paid for.  When they are not (like this week) they miss the deadline to be added to my Tuesday payout, then Ebay keeps the money for a week before paying.  The only tactic  that I can think of is to switch my heaviest listing day to Thursday and less on Sunday.  Experiment Phase 2.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why govern the days for the payout?  Wouldn't you do better trying to govern the days that are best for the items to end?  I've always heard Sun/Mon were the best days to end, but I don't do auctions....

old saying penny wise.........pound foolish? 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Doesn't really matter since the pandemic. In fact I've noticed better action during the weekday evenings rather than Fri-Sun. I do the same thing and try to arrange my auctions to end to add some padding to the weekly payout. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes, that is why I use Sunday and Thursday. They seem to be pretty much as good as each other so switching to Thursday may not be risky.  Sunday has the benefit of spending Saturday and Sunday creating the listings. So if I switch it will be Weds and Thursday.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply