cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some of my listings are appearing under international sellers

what the HECK is this? its moving all my listings, that are usually at the top of search results, down to the bottom of the page.

im an AMERICAN seller, but my listings, like the one below right under internatioinal sellers, are appearing in the wrong place.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

I am an American buyer and I just now searched for Venus AND Mystical Shine Ball (click Link) and you are the first two listings out of 6 total listings.  I do not think even if you were at the bottom it would be an issue for buyers to see your listings.

Good Luck SElling

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

im an AMERICAN seller, but my listings, like the one below right under internatioinal sellers, are appearing in the wrong place.

I have seen that with my own listings.  I am in the US, I only ship to the US, and wondering why I did not get any hits on a very popular antique item.....Well, lo and behold, there my listings were under "other items my international sellers".....LOL.....made me not feel so bad as choosing EBAY as my LAST choice for selling. 

CS (from h*ll) says there is nothing wrong.      I sell alot more now.  Someplace else. 

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

Must be a new glitch it wasn't there two days ago,but shows me as a international seller now....

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

1656-2k_cgvr_gamepage_skin_2.jpg

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 5 of 52
latest reply

Must be a new glitch it wasn't there two days ago,but shows me as a international seller now....

No ,  OLR NEWS.   lol.

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

Because these site issues are actually what others are seeing in many places other than just you.  So, maybe, there not issues at all.  Just a glimse of what is going on in this place.

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

I can offer one possible explanation.

I got a request from an international buyer for a shipping quote. So I opened my own listing, clicked on “payment and shipping” entered his country, got a price and sent it to them.

BUT

The next time I went to search for something I found myself in the international results. It seems that, because of my inquiry, eBay’s computer thought that I was actually in the country I had asked a quote for. Which meant that American sellers were actually foreigners relative to where eBay thought I was. So I went back to one of my listings, reset the destination as United States and it cleared the problem up.

Very strange I know. But it has happened more than once.

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Maybe eBay moved to China without telling anyone?

That's why US sellers are now "international".

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 52
latest reply

FYI and FWIW:

This glitch is only appearing on the Default Item Location filter (which as you might expect, is the default for searches).

If the member changes the Item Location filter to any of the other locations (US, North America or Woldwide) then the items will show up. So any user who is searching specifically for items in the US or North America will find these items.

I haven't heard anything about cause or fix or timing.

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

I'm seeing exactly the same thing with some listings.

US seller, only ships to US.

From time to time, some of the listings come up only at the bottom of the search results as "items found from eBay international sellers."

And sometimes the listings show up in search in the right place.

I've checked the listings and there are no errors in them that would indicate that the seller is international.  It's the same seller, similar items, and some get marked as international seller.  Every listing has a "ships from" a US ZIP code.

This is 100% an eBay bug.  

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

Looking into this further, changing the "item location" setting on the left side while searching changes the outcome, though it is not a LOGICAL outcome. 

In this case, the Item Location in search had been set to "default" (whatever that is).  An item sold by a US seller can come up in search results at the bottom marked as "from International sellers"  That's definitely wrong.

Changing the search to US or Worldwide then put the same item, from the same seller into the right grouping at the top with the other items from US sellers.

Chagning back to "Default" location then listed the item again as being from an International seller.  

This is 100% an eBay bug related to Item Search.  

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

awareness of this bug is growing.

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000248 EndHTML:000002949 StartFragment:000001986 EndFragment:000002917 StartSelection:000001986 EndSelection:000002913 SourceURL:https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/selling-db/message-id/1026613

This eBay bug persists.  

The "Default" setting for Item Location  when searching for items is what triggers US items being incorrectly grouped under "international sellers" in search results.  

See also: 
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/some-of-my-listings-are-appearing-under-international-sellers/...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Promoted-listing-broken-again-costing-sellers-sales-amp-fees-m...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/No-sales-amp-my-listings-look-like-I-m-not-in-the-U-S/m-p/2735...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/selling-db/message-id/1026613

It's not just you, not just me.  A lot of eBay sellers are having the same problem. 

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

I see it on my listings, and have also been able to see it from other eBayers if I search and it's not just defualt location.  It will also do it if you select 'within' and do the ranges.  I have lots of examples of my listings.  And more importantly I was able to reproduce it for another sellers listings.

Some examples.  Look at the setup, and then the results.

The one with the shave cream is the one I did for another seller, both items are theirs.  Both within the range specified.  1 of the 2 shows as local, the other as international.  😞 

The listing with the trucks.  Both listings are mine.  One is international, one is not.  😞

the image with the 6 batterys packs... we show up on the bottom as international.  THANKS. 😞

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

@stormerhobbies wrote:

The listing with the trucks.  Both listings are mine.  One is international, one is not.  😞

Thanks for posting.  A word about wording: 

Your listing is not international. 

The incorrectly grouped search results that eBay is displaying  are sometimes showing your US items in the "International Sellers" group in the Search Results Display page.  

The bug is in eBay's Search Results and how it displays them to buyers (and to us when we search). 

The error is not in your listings nor is it in any way in the control of sellers.  It's an eBay search results display bug.   

It has been around for around 10 days now and it hasn't been fixed.  It is a serious problem.

This comment is intended to clarify the wording of what this issue is.   We Sellers can do nothing to make this problem go away other than report it, using the most accurate language possible, to eBay, who will have to assign programmers to fix the bug.   It's not a problem that customer service reps can fix. Most likely, many customer service reps wouldn't even understand it.  And they really won't understand it if it's not explained carefully and accurately.

Tagging Heidi@ebay who is aware of this

Message 15 of 52
latest reply