cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sold items

Im having problems  with Ebay relisting my SOLD items... ugh They say its a glitch. grrr its a pain because I have to tell my buyer it sold already. Help. ANy suggestions??

Thxs

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

sold items

My suggestion isn't good, but I was having the same problem with coins.  Coins were showing up that I didn't have anymore.

So every morning I sat down with my coins and eBay's list and checked off every coin.  After five days, things stopped duplicating themselves.  But in the meantime, I was going nuts.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

sold items

Been happening for at least a dozen years if not longer. It's happened to me a few times before, luckily I've been able to catch them before they could sell again.

Ebay knows. They don't care.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

sold items

If you view your listings and sort by price lowest first you should be able to look for dupes and  hopefully spot them all.

If you start making each listing at a different price that will make them easier to spot with that method. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

sold items

I just posted this very same problem a short time ago.

I contacted Customer Service via chat and they told me to just cancel the order with the reason of "Bad Address". and be done with it and move on. If you get a Neg i was told to request to have it removed. If they feel like it maybe they will remove it. My guess is as good as yours. Good luck with this.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

sold items

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Been happening for at least a dozen years if not longer. It's happened to me a few times before, luckily I've been able to catch them before they could sell again.

So true.  Ghost listings are something they absolutely know exist.

When I am "out" of something, I do a sell similar and save ONLY as a draft.  Then I go delete the one I am truly out of.  If I get another, I use my draft.  If not, no biggie. 

Since I started doing the above, my ghosties have stopped.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

sold items

@katzrul15 wrote:

When I am "out" of something, I do a sell similar and save ONLY as a draft.  Then I go delete the one I am truly out of.  If I get another, I use my draft.  If not, no biggie. 

Come to think of it, a couple years ago I started using the out of stock option because I do have a few quantity listings. The sold relists haven't happened since.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

For those that don't know, when you use the out of stock option it affects ALL listings, not just the ones with quantity.  When I sell one offs I'll end then delete the OOS listing.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

sold items

@katzrul15 wrote:

The opposite variation is eBay hiding listings. I check in Hub and 1 quantity of listings display. I check on a different ebay page another... a 3rd method still another. Sometimes they may be off by 1  - 3....other times it can be up to 10. Eventually they show....And this is with no new listings being created. (eBay's idea of tape delay.) I thought that GTC listings were month long. Nowhere I know of it does say only random days during that month segment. Nice thing about creating a new listing or relisting an old one. The confirmation email. Physical proof until it too gets poofed. I feel so sorry for new sellers or sellers using auction where listings take their time to make an appearance.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

sold items

Yes it is happening on duplicates which is a small problem for me. The ones that hurt me are the out of stock items. Customers don't understand after they have bought and paid for something. They leave bad feedback. These ghost listings have been happening more and more. The duplicates are easy to figure out and don't cause as much trouble if you have time to look for them. Most of my items have similar pricing. Out of stock items are very hard to catch.  I am very careful about listing out of stock items to avoid unhappy customers. I try to watch my active listing numbers closely. It is very hard when you list all the time and have a lot of similar items at similar pricing. There are many other technical issues right now that make it very hard to sell on eBay. I have cut my listings in half so I can try to keep up. The problem on duplicates is if you sell one the other one is still there and you might be out of stock with it still listed.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

sold items

At the risk of being the odd man out.........I've never had a duplicate listing.......but I always used Turbo Lister and now 6 Bit.......

If you use seller hub, easy to arrange the listings alphabetically (title)  and then scroll thru looking at the pictures..........

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

sold items

@dhbookds wrote:

At the risk of being the odd man out.........I've never had a duplicate listing.......but I always used Turbo Lister and now 6 Bit.......

If you use seller hub, easy to arrange the listings alphabetically (title)  and then scroll thru looking at the pictures..........

Does Six bit flag a potential duplicate?

Our Ghost listings were ones that sold and then relisted, where we had no others.  Ours were not duplicates.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

sold items

I have had ghost listings appear several times over the years.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

sold items

@doug_5857 wrote:

I just posted this very same problem a short time ago.

I contacted Customer Service via chat and they told me to just cancel the order with the reason of "Bad Address". and be done with it and move on. If you get a Neg i was told to request to have it removed. If they feel like it maybe they will remove it. My guess is as good as yours. Good luck with this.

After the Chat ended you should have received a emailed copy of the chat.  Save that chat and if needed that is your justification to remove a Neg.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

sold items

@katzrul15 wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

Does Six bit flag a potential duplicate?

Our Ghost listings were ones that sold and then relisted, where we had no others.  Ours were not duplicates.

The attached tool works like a charm for catching duplicates. 

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

-Lotz

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

sold items

another case of bad advice from the people who are supposed to advise you.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply