cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so USPS is open monday

SO i must be missing something,why would ebay offer shipping label for a day when no go...lol

they certainty lot smarter than me...haha...entertainment over

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

so USPS is open monday

USPS IS closed Monday.

My guess is so you can print labels that day, I do even if the post office is closed. Then I put them out for scheduled pick up the next day. 

Who really knows why eBay does what it does.

ETA: Sorry my sence of humor doesn't kick in until my 3rd or 4th cup of coffee...lol

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

so USPS is open monday

They're probably not shipping, just having a party in the back eating cherry pie.  

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

so USPS is open monday

Actually there is pick up available for select customer businesses, something not widely known, My local branch asks me if I will have anything going out that day,( used to, but can only take so much of the issues on here for 5 days a week) and will gladly celebrate each legal holiday possible. If you choose to work and process orders you can use the date drop down box when entering label info for the next couple days after, that way ebays "upload and scanned" idea does not ding your account for being late....

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

so USPS is open monday

ok,got your attention .go back to sleep...lol

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

so USPS is open monday

I have a 2 day handling time.

The items that sold on Saturday ebay says I have until Wednesday to ship them out.

So that part of ebay is aware that Monday is a federal/postal holiday. 

I can't remember ever having to choose a date when printing out a shipping label.

Is that required?

I swear I can't ever remember having to choose a ship date.

Am I losing my mind?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

so USPS is open monday

The default is the day the label is printed is the shipping date.  Individual Post Offices are scored according to these dates and it does matter to them.  I try to always have the date correct.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

so USPS is open monday

The dropdown has been there for the 3 years I have been back selling. Required: no. But it does let you future ship for bulk shipment purposes if you have a mid day cutoff time as well. It takes into account any handling defined in the listing as well. It is just above the service ur printing the label for to the right, center of the page for a desktop browser window. Pretty handy as that is what the estimated delivery date from ebay is based upon.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

so USPS is open monday

LOL no its been there for awhile, you just have to explore to see what different things do, where is shows the default date it is in a drop down box with additional dates to choose from, use it to your advantage

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

so USPS is open monday

doesn't matter, you can print your labels whenever you want, weekends are not business days, unless you offer same day shipping don't worry about it. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

so USPS is open monday

@savwillsell09 wrote:

SO i must be missing something,why would ebay offer shipping label for a day when no go...lol

they certainty lot smarter than me...haha...entertainment over

What you are missing is that the USPS website also lets you "calculate a price"  for a first class package being mailed on Monday. 

But it does seem to be a sport to blame eBay for anything and everything. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

so USPS is open monday

I have Same Day shipping and eBay is telling me I have Monday off.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

so USPS is open monday

Probably b/c many of us CAN ship tomorrow, by simply doing it ourselves at the APC kiosk & dropping the pkgs in the chute.   None of that requires the PO being open.  Though at mine, I find that employees are often working in the warehouse, even when they're closed. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

so USPS is open monday

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

Probably b/c many of us CAN ship tomorrow, by simply doing it ourselves at the APC kiosk & dropping the pkgs in the chute.   None of that requires the PO being open.  Though at mine, I find that employees are often working in the warehouse, even when they're closed. 

you can...but dropping packages in those boxes isn't great idea, that's how people get packages missing and then USPS says "we never got it" - heard it so many times from sellers. Go to counter, get a receipt is the best option, then package gets a "USPS Accepted / in Possession of Item" on the tracking.  But as to workers in the distribution center...yeah, they don't actually get holidays off - not the misc. ones, only workers working the counter, offices and and delivery are off, workers that have to sort mail/load/unload trucks still work. For example, yesterday and last night had 4 packages of stock that are incoming take scans at facilities, 2 out of customs in CA, 1 entered Denver, 1 arrived at post office here.  

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

so USPS is open monday

@toysaver 

@kalyoth 

@quicksilverdiecast 

Thanks for the info.

All these years and I never even noticed that.

I just print my labels and mail the the next business day.

I guess it just defaults to whatever it defaults to.

I'll look at it the next time.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 15 of 15
latest reply