cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling handmade candles on ebay

I usually sell vintage photographs but have recently added handmade beeswax and soy candles. I just noticed that for some reason they are not getting any viewings. I am wondering why this is.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: selling handmade candles on ebay

The view count has been changed to only a 30-day period. Maybe your number just dropped...??

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

What types of keywords are you using to maximize targeted Buyers?

Have you looked at others that are also homemade to see what keywords work best for them?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Are you tweeting or posting on the some of the social media links that ebay provides? 

I sold an item on 5/20 and the buyer messaged me telling me they saw it on a social media link. 

A lot of people have mixed feelings about it, but it can't hurt to try.  It's worked for me in the past. 

Good luck.

PS Your shop is very unique...as a photographer I can appreciate it.   👍 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Are homemade candles a popular category? Do you see them get a lot of sales? It might be something someone might look for more on Etsy vs eBay.

Might not be true. But other potential issue is I've heard that new categories might be harder to sell on by eBay until you get a few sales under your belt. So while you might get a lot of views/transactions under photography. Candles or homemade or whatever might push you towards the end of the line with other sellers in that category. What might help is setting it to promoted (if it isn't already) for a few weeks or months until you get some sales.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@schnobbly wrote:

I usually sell vintage photographs but have recently added handmade beeswax and soy candles. I just noticed that for some reason they are not getting any viewings. I am wondering why this is.

The candles are very unique and quite attractive.

BUT what is with the starfish and the cluttered background?

I would suggest you clean up the pictures and, instead of listing them in your store as "other" that you create a category for "candles". I knew what I was looking for and stumbled looking for them.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply