cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling fees

they charged me 24% selling fees thought it was like 12% use to be lower than that. this is not the first time this happend. last time they paid me back. Why are they doing this

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

selling fees

Without the dollar and cents information no one can answer you question.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

selling fees

Hi @techproducts336 

Are you aware that fees are charged on the total amount of the buyer's payment:  Item + Shipping + Tax?  

What was buyer's payment when you were charged 24%?  [I think you probably were only basing the fee on the Item's cost.]

Fees were NEVER less than 12% if you figure you were paying 10% to eBay and 2.9% (plus 30 cents) to PayPal.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

selling fees

"Member since: Feb-20-19 in United States" AND NO CLUE TO WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN PAYING IN FEES UNTIL manged payments.....SHOCKING.

Final value fees

We charge one final value fee when your item sells, and you don't have to worry about third-party payment processing fees. This fee is calculated as a percentage of the total amount of the sale, plus $0.30 per order.

The total amount of the sale includes the item price, any handling charges, the shipping service the buyer selects, sales tax, and any other applicable fees. If you offer 1-day or international shipping as well as a cheaper or free option (like domestic shipping), the total amount of the sale is calculated based on the cheapest domestic option you offer. If you only offer 1-day or international shipping but no cheaper option like domestic shipping, the total amount of the sale is calculated based on the service the buyer chooses.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

selling fees

$27.99 plus $4 shipping .....they have selling fees in different catorgories  it says 12.55% on total amount of the sale up to $7,500 calculated per item. but i was charged 24% one year i did over 100k in sales on here. they probably over charged me then....i started checking my money more

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

selling fees

@techproducts336 wrote:

$27.99 plus $4 shipping .....they have selling fees in different catorgories  it says 12.55% on total amount of the sale up to $7,500 calculated per item. but i was charged 24% 

Generally speaking, eBay fees are 30 cents plus 12.55% of the buyer's total payment, including any shipping paid to you by the buyer plus any sales tax that eBay collected on your behalf. You will need to show us the complete calculation that you did to arrive at 24%. 

I hasve been on eBay for 20 years. I have never seen an example of eBay overcharging for fees. I have seen plenty of sellers do the math wrong, however. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

selling fees

I would guess that you are including shipping cost in that 24%, and that would not be a "fee"..........

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

selling fees

Go to the payment transactions page here@techproducts336. Find the sale and click the view link to see the breakdown. Post all the numbers here.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

selling fees

What is the dollar amount you were charged in fees for this transaction of $27.99 plus shipping? 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

selling fees

I have seen a number of this type question posted. Some of them have been treating the shipping cost as a fee and including it on that side when figuring the %, which would bump the % up.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

selling fees

It is 12.5% of the amount the buyer paid you plus 30 cents. That amount the buyer paid you was for the item, the shipping, and the tax. Go back and refigure, I would bet you where only charged 12.5 %

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

selling fees

This not the first time ive been over charged i went back and counted up with them. they paid me close to $300 owed. they wanted to credit my account. took a while but they did pay

Message 12 of 12
latest reply