cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seller level artificially lowered by horrible shipping

My seller levels are dropping to "below standard" because many of my ebay standard envelopes have been lost because the lack of decent tracking. What you should be basing my seller level is how quickly I get the card in the mail & it gets scanned by the post office. After that it's literally out of my hands and it's killing my "Seller Level"

Have anyone had any luck getting these removed?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It doesn't get scanned by the post office.

EBay standard envelope is USPS metered mail. This gets a processed at the sorting facilities.

I personally have never used it. I like to have real tracking.

I have heard suggestions that you should make sure you put it in the Metered Mail slot at the USPS.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@maccards44 

"I have heard suggestions that you should make sure you put it in the Metered Mail slot at the USPS."

That's what I suggest to everybody who is having issues with the original ESE "scan," which can NOT be supplied at local post offices, but ONLY at the USPS Distribution Centers, which are generally located in other cities, and sometimes other counties.

That initial "scan" may be delayed (or never provided at all) if the ESEs are handed to the USPS counter clerk, or a USPS delivery driver.  Similarly, don't drop the ESEs in a USPS "blue box," or a residential mailbox, or an office mail system, as all these methods also are no guarantee that the initial USPS "scan" will be received.

I've been dropping my ESEs directly into the "Metered Mail" slot in my post office lobby for the last 2 years, and each and every time they've received the initial USPS "scan," with NO problems, NO returns -- and, most important, NO complaints from buyers.

Give it a try!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Same thing happened to me I got lowered to below standard and literally the next day which was the 21st a day after the evaluation it said if I was to be evaluated I would be above standard so clearly there was a mistake in the system I was basically told I was **bleep** out of luck why is eBay customer service so trash it's like none of them know what they're doing you can never get the same answer from a person everybody's got a different take literally the worst customer service

Message 4 of 4
latest reply