cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sell in e bay retirement ?

my question is
My only job is e bay. If tomorrow I retire, will I collect retirement because I sell on e bay?
I've been selling in e bay for about 5 years
Thank you so much

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: sell in e bay retirement ?

No one here can answer that question.  If you've been paying into Social Security, go here to get the info you need to set up an on-line account so you can view your Social Security Statement:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/statement.html

From that site:

"Your Social Security Statement (Statement) is available to view online by opening a my Social Security account. It is useful for people of all ages who want to learn about their future Social Security benefits and current earnings history...

"The redesigned Statement now includes a bar graph displaying your personalized retirement benefit estimates at nine different ages, depending on when you want benefits to start. It also includes your earnings history, and information on how to report an error if you find one...

"We encourage you to review your Statement annually."

=

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

This post just makes me laugh! Not at you, but the idea that eBay would pay us retirement. You really didn’t think that was an option did you?

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

I thought that but it's not like that
only social security pays for that now I understand
for each year I pay the taxes of the e bay in the accountant
it's good that everyone knows that there are benefits

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

No, you DON'T understand -- you will NOT receive retirement benefits from eBay.

You are NOT an eBay employee -- you are a private, independent seller.  You are responsible for your OWN retirement.   You will receive NOTHING from eBay as a retirement program.

Where did you work before you began selling on eBay?  What was your job?  

It really doesn't sound that you're prepared for retirement.

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

@cristian3_6 

Are you sure this is not a great "pull your leg", "spoof" kinda thread?

Sorry.............just not buying that 34 posts later there is still some "confusion" on this topic?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 35 of 36
latest reply

Well, the OP has been asking similarly-worded questions since 2014; so my gut instinct is that he's legit.

But that's about all.

Message 36 of 36
latest reply