cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam

I have received a number of returned products from various buyers all coming from the same seller.  The seller is using my domestic address as shipping point and for returning items.  The seller is using my personal information to scam buyers in believing the products are delivered from my domestic address. I also have reported the same buyer earlier this year when I received a 1099k for items I did not sell. Ebay confirmed the seller was fraudulently using my personal information & that the Ebay tax department would correct the issue.   I have contacted the local law enforcement along with IRS, FTC and credit Bureaus.  My next step will be to contact USPS for postal fraud.  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

scam

What are you doing with the returned products? Go for the postal fraud option, get a solicitor and sue that seller for illegally using your details. I don't understand why another seller would be doing that or are the goods they sell stolen? Report them to ebay again and again. That's all you can do.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

scam

Hi @nul-1856 

I don't understand the point in using your return address ... since the buyers would still be getting refunded (eventually) by eBay as soon as tracking shows the items were delivered to your address.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

scam

@nul-1856 wrote:

I also have reported the same buyer earlier this year when I received a 1099k for items I did not sell. 

If your received a 1099-K then someone has stolen your SSN. You have far bigger issues than someone hijacking your address.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

scam

Based on comments on the sellers feedback page, they are foreign and using my domestic information to help sell the products and for tax purposes.  I am waiting for the IRS to respond to my compliant but I am not counting

on much help.

the return items are piling

up in my basement.  I would be happy to return them but I get no response fro EBay or the seller 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

scam

Correct, that is why I reported to the IRS, law enforcement, FTC and Credit bureaus.   The problem is EBay will not assist with removing my information, even after they acknowledged the issue. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply