cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales

Hi, I know it's that time of year, but sales and views lower than what we remember.  How is everybody else doing? Up, down or in between, please comment. Thanks and have a great day.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: sales

For me the time to answer this question is next week because I just spent days listing my rear end off to increase my auctions last night. Lately I have spent a lot on inventory and need to work much harder to get the stuff listed. I am hoping this time next week I'll know if pumping up auctions really helps. 

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Same rollercoaster as always here .

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

I am doing OK. I am more concerned about the weather. The weather plays a big part in buying.

Sometimes, just trying to get through a day of ice on roads or snow piles or floods will play a big part in buyers buying. I am dead from buyers on the East Coast...weather there is awful.

Only places where the weather is OK I am getting sales...and my "repeat buyers".

I  was actually not looking for sales until the weather gets better. We had so much rain I don't want to go out there because I drive a motorcycle. A tree fell on 4 cars driving on the Golden Gate roadway the other day. 

It only rains by me...we get only 3 months of rain in a year...no snow or ice...and we are so spoiled when it just rains a bit....with temps in the 50's-60's.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Just started up again after six weeks off - sales are as usual for the small number of items I have running. I don't find weather has the least impact on my sales and never has - in fact, on three sites most of my sales have been from the east coast.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

It has been the typical rollercoaster ride, and then yesterday and today have been some of the worst non-holiday sales days we've had. Not quite sure what has been going on as we are a top seller in many of the parts and accessories categories.

Between the economy, inflation sucks, the weather, and good old ebay keep screwing around with the site it has caused a lot of issues. I think that they have also been way too busy trying to push the offsite ads too, and this is causing some of the traffic issues.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I put my store on time away for a couple of days and it got kind of crazy. Seemed kind of weird.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Mine tanked in September '23

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

I agree. No views, sales are horrible.  Everything is down. They keep trying to continue to push more fees on sellers. Just horrible. 

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

After each evaluation cycle on the 20th of each month, things go very different on sales and views.  I went from $500+ per day the last 12 days, to zero.  My impressions went from 800,000 to 200,000.  Every evaluation.  And nothing changes on my seller status or any numbers relating to that stuff.  It stinks.  Just when the train starts rolling boom.  Hit a wall.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

It depends on the category.

For my stamps January to March are normally busy, while December is dead.

Do you have your own written records?

Use those rather than your memory to compare January 2024 to Jan 23/Jan22/ Jan 19.

We skip 2020 and 2021 because those were the years of the pandemic surge in online buying.

Actually 2020 was before the pandemic hit.

We can't assume a short term problem will continue. That's why we look at 30-day periods and not today compared to yesterday. And year to year / month to month.

Also.

Are you comparing number of sales or variety of sales?

One $1000 sale costs you less in shipping, fixed fees, and labour than a ten $100 sales or 100 $10 sales.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

The weather plays a big part in buying.

If the customer is stuck indoors, browsing /shopping online should go up surely?

Being stuck at home was one reason for the COVID surge in online shopping.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

My sales have pretty much remained the same for the past 20 plus years. March-April and August-September are the better selling months. Sometimes there is a bump in November with holiday sales. I haven't added any new items lately, but I find that it is the same every month regardless of new or old listings - no sales until the end of the month. It could be because of how people get paid and have extra money to spend, or it could be because I am just a regular seller and this is how the isometrics are set on eBay. 

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Sales have been up and down. Last week we had three $0 days, but sort of pick up alittle after posting the new stuff we got in. We used to get consistent sales. At the beginning of last year we had made at least 5 to 10 a day, but now is maybe 0-7 a day. Could be the economy,  not sure but I guess I'm here along for the ride. I would have to say the consistent sales stopped around the same time they came out with the international shipping program. They had went back up temporarily, after opting out, but then we changed to a store and upgraded to a business account, so then there was another drop. Not sure if any of that correlates but that's just what I had observed at the time. Not much else to do other then keep posting. 

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

It has been a little slow but i expected a slow down with the bills due from the holidays and tax time right around the corner.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply