cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales

Hey community,

Is everyone having no sales?

Iam having maybe one sale per day sometimes  zero for days?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: sales

I sold patio furniture and wood stoves in  B&M specialty shops for over a decade.

The last day to sell BBQs in my experience is Father's Day. Patio furniture goes on deep discount after Mother's Day.

If your dropshipper has more fireplaces and other indoor /winter merchandise, now is the time to start showing it.

Since you don't have any actual inventory, just close those 'summer' listings.

You might also want to invest in a Store.

Not only will your listings be less expensive (eBay says 'free', but you will pay a monthly fee. Divide the fee by the number of listings you make in a month.)

A Store will allow you to organize your offerings into related products: Children's toys, furniture, lamps, costume jewellry, etc.

Since I 've had accounts on eBay since 1998, I already knew that sales are off every year from May to August and then again from November to December 26. But that's my product line (books, sewing patterns, postage stamps, paper ephemera). 

Your product lines are more varied.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

It is the summer slow down I am hoping, but I also feel like the used item market is shrinking as peeps are buying more new than used. I am seeing it locally as well. You have die hard bargain hunters, but even at the flea market revenue is down, prices are dropping for used merchandise 😞

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I sold patio furniture and wood stoves in  B&M specialty shops for over a decade.

The last day to sell BBQs in my experience is Father's Day. Patio furniture goes on deep discount after Mother's Day.

If your dropshipper has more fireplaces and other indoor /winter merchandise, now is the time to start showing it.

Since you don't have any actual inventory, just close those 'summer' listings.

You might also want to invest in a Store.

Not only will your listings be less expensive (eBay says 'free', but you will pay a monthly fee. Divide the fee by the number of listings you make in a month.)

A Store will allow you to organize your offerings into related products: Children's toys, furniture, lamps, costume jewellry, etc.

Since I 've had accounts on eBay since 1998, I already knew that sales are off every year from May to August and then again from November to December 26. But that's my product line (books, sewing patterns, postage stamps, paper ephemera). 

Your product lines are more varied.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Yes. Slow seems to be a new trend. I went 3 years without one $0/blackout day...this month I've had I think 3 or 4. My listing impressions 2 years ago was 2.3 million a month...now it staggers around 800,000. Just a little example.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@oneatticmart8 wrote:

Hey community,

Is everyone having no sales?

Iam having maybe one sale per day sometimes  zero for days?

Could be worse @oneatticmart8.  I've sold four things ALL MONTH.  Not at all normal.  But it is what many are reporting has been happening since about the beginning of April this year.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I have sold one item so far in July. I have never since I started selling on Ebay ever had sales this slow. Sales have almost completely stopped. Before I was making about 600-1000 a month.

I don't think school being out has anything to do with it. Other summers I did fine if not better.

I've lowered my prices to almost wher I'd make no money just to get rid of inventory. I don't buy anymore to sell becuase I don't want to be stuck with something I don't need or use.

I've read where people are blaming Ebay for not including thier item in the 'search'. What does that mean? I do know something I do a search for my items for sale and don't see them listed. Why does Ebay hide some listings?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Dead as a door nail. that's the "new" eBay model, they tell you to put "color in your cart" in their TV ad.

Not seeing any green colors in my future with eBay. Sales down from 20-30k/month to $200 a day.

RIP eBay!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

thanks

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hey thanks for the tips

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

One a day is 30 a  month.  That's not terrible.  There is lots of competition here and many many many offerings.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply