cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reduced sales

has anyone noticed a major reduction in sales over the last 2 weeks? i noticed after we got a change in policy over the views, supposedly over bots...bull**bleep** if you ask me...that sales dropped off like a rock, am i the only one? if this is true, why would they do this now?  i have been selling for 8 years and something like this has never happened!!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: reduced sales

It's so disheartening. Really unbelievable what's happening to sales. Hopefully holiday sales will make up for some of this slaughter. That's if you can hold on that long...

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

i really think this is all orchestrated... i went from 3000.00 a week to 500.0 this week ...in 4-5 weeks. thank god etsy and amazon handmade are not pulling this **bleep**....ebay says it is because of bots...that is funny as **bleep**!!!!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Nope, you are not the only.  I thought I was the only one experiencing the sudden decline. My sales are down by 50% compared to the same period last month

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Yes, and usually when I read these comments I’m not having a problem, but there’s literally zero views in the past 4 days and I have two large stores.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Yep ...it is mentioned in YouTube as well ebay broke what they thought they fixed...no more sales

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Does anyone have an answer from ebay ? If we are not having sales where are they getting their income????

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Economy is Killing retail sales across the board. Steep drops walmart. Amazon, target, dollar tree etc etc.Dow jones took a step dive because of this a few days ago. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

They took out the bots and the longer range way over 30 day views because they are allowing sellers to see the reality of what is happening now with the economy so that sellers can ACT appropriately on this by doing sales, price reductions whatever to help with sales.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

i believe this is a plan that goes along everything else that is happening in this world. this is a big part of a lot of peoples income and if the powers that be can make us poorer, all the better for them.  no food, no gas, higher rates   etc.  not much we can do!!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Sales drop every single time ebay makes a senseless change. Our sales tumbled in October of 2021 immediately after they made changes and they have not improved, but only got worse over time.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I'm glad to find this post as I have been having the same problem with reduced sales and page views since about May 5th 2022. I am down 50%.  Terrible! I have called 7 times in the past week with different answers from the representatives. One says it's the change they made to the listing & page views (bots), another says it's "indexing". When I list an item she said it will take about 6 hours to go live as it has to be checked out by the system. What? I never had this problem before. Before, my listings would go live instantly or within 10 minutes. and then I would quickly get page views or watchers!  I told them I want to speak to someone in the technical department and/or a Supervisor and they said they would send a priority request to those departments to look into it. Nothing has happened to help. The last representative said she will send a request to "refresh" my account and look into the problem" That did nothing as well. EBAY what is going on?????? 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply