cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paypal Balance goes down two times by case + refund

The  request opens

A temporary Hold is placed, Balance goes down

The refund is made

The Amount is taken from Balance, goes down again by that amount.

The line for the hold is removed from Transaction log + lumped together with the following, unrelated transaction. Balance goes down by Hold amount - next and unrelated transaction.

A payment is backdated 4 days (to have been received from the buyers fund on Hold) but doesnt show in the log, and the Balance doesnt increase on that day, by the transaction amount.

Summary, the Balance goes down two times.

I have checked but can only see one payment from Buyer (+), one hold lumped into next unrelated transaction (-) and one refund (-)

There is one backdated payment (by 4 days) but doesnt correspond at all (basically only shows on the refund transaction page). 

I have really checked for an hour but all I can find is the Balance going down two times.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: paypal Balance goes down two times by case + refund

Contact PayPal.
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

You will need to call Paypal.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@hitechworldtrading wrote:

The  request opens

The refund is made

The line for the hold is removed from Transaction log + lumped together with the following, unrelated transaction. Balance goes down by Hold amount - next and unrelated transaction.

A payment is backdated 4 days (to have been received from the buyers fund on Hold) but doesnt show in the log, and the Balance doesnt increase on that day, by the transaction amount.

I have checked but can only see one payment from Buyer (+), one hold lumped into next unrelated transaction (-) and one refund (-)

There is one backdated payment (by 4 days) but doesnt correspond at all (basically only shows on the refund transaction page). 

I have really checked for an hour but all I can find is the Balance going down two times.

Paypal refunds exclusively from the transaction balance not the overall balance.  It is done this way to keep all details in a readable path for any and all transactions.

Holds simple prevent you from transferring out your total balance leaving no moneynto pay out refunds and claims.

Because of this.  It is not possible to refund two times from the same transaction for the total amount.  If it was refunded in full one time there would be no more funded available in the transaction balance to be refunded a second time.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@hitechworldtrading wrote:

The  request opens

The refund is made

Why would you not ask PayPal since they are the only people besides yourself that can see anything in your account and it is a PayPal account....not an ebay anything.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply