cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

okay this switch over has stopped all sales!! I wasn't even in the group that was told to switch

okay this switch over has stopped all sales!! I wasn't even in the group that was told to switch. I was told nothing would happen to my account.  Now going on 36 hours without a sale, very odd. I got a feeling this is going to be a nightmare 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: okay this switch over has stopped all sales!! I wasn't even in the group that was told to switch

I forgot to mention that this sale or 4 sales for the same item by same buyer ALL CANCELLED and REFUNDED never registered and showed on EBAY??

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Re: okay this switch over has stopped all sales!! I wasn't even in the group that was told to switch

I tried buying from a seller only to have ebay screw up the sale for that seller with their it's not you it's us message.  Tried 3 different times at 3 different times of the day and finally bought the item from someone else that it went right through I even initiated a purchase with another and that to would have gone through if I proceeded further.  So to those who say it's not happening,  as a customer trying to buy,  it is happening.  I even messaged the seller and told them they should check into it,  because Ebay is making them lose sales. 

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

It's the economy, the $1,200 checks are gone, take what sales you can get before the big one hits.

There are deals to be had and that is where the shopper is going to go.

If you don't have that special item at the right price, then you will not make it here.

Online competition is over the top right now.

eBay knows they have competition,  can they win with their tactics is my question.

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

@jathibo-12 wrote:

okay this switch over has stopped all sales!! I wasn't even in the group that was told to switch. I was told nothing would happen to my account.  Now going on 36 hours without a sale, very odd. I got a feeling this is going to be a nightmare 

That makes no sense.  I assume you are talking about MP.  July 15th was NOT the day that we switched to MP.  July 15th was the final date for registrations for those sellers going into MP later this month and early next month.  So you are making some pretty big assumptions that would have NOTHING to do with your account at this time.  Ebay is NOT at fault for everything that happens to us as sellers.

Sales go up and down for every single seller out there.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 30
latest reply

I didn't bother signing up as I was on vacation.  I stopped  all selling in mid June & will resume Sept 1st.... every year I need a summer break from the wacky buyers & Ebay's releases which tend to wreak havoc on most sellers..  they keep it up and i will be selling solely on facebook market place.

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

Your in PRIME vacation season..  Not many folks sit on computer buying I have noticed in all the past years.  I take a summer break since it was always slow.

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

not to mention vacation & summer people go out more less computer time

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

I just took a walk through your store, over 300 items and did not see anything I could use.

A lot of 2nd hand stuff, gaming not so good with summer outdoor activity and masks are every where.

Good luck.

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

@luxgoods wrote:

Any change that I have had to go through with ebay turns into a disaster. 

It looks like you've been on eBay since 2001 .. that's a whole lot of changes and a whole lot of disasters!

So it looks like you managed to recover from each of them.

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@hodaveracing wrote:

I just took a walk through your store, over 300 items and did not see anything I could use.

A lot of 2nd hand stuff, gaming not so good with summer outdoor activity and masks are every where.

Good luck.

Video games are always quick movers. Sell a lot of them myself. Problem is OP has his games priced 20-30% higher than the competition. I wouldn't buy from him either. When I want to sell a game quick, I usually just sort by BIN Lowest Price and list mine for a dollar less than the lowest one in comparable condition. It's usually gone within 48 hours.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

I agree - eBay isn't going to flip a switch and suddenly bam shift into managed payments - it's a roll-out which means a great deal of code changes, database events, etc. preceding it, and which are probably accelerating.  I'm not the least surprised that we're seeing glitches, errors and the like in the run-up.  Sales patterns go up and down, sure, and it's going to be slow season for a lot of people, but the one commonality is this massive change-over in payments with system changes creating turbulence.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 26 of 30
latest reply

True but I get CONSTANT time outs when I want to Buy or Pay for an item here.

If I were not so die hard I would've went elsewhere a long time ago.

I am SURE ebay is losing a TON of sales, not at all unusual, they don't seem bothered by that.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

I think this might be a part of the equation. The MSM has been pushing the message quite heavily that the extra $600 is ending this month and CH has not come to an agreement on another stimulus pkg as yet.

What's odd, is eBay is completely dead but my direct site and another platform I sell on are still getting intermittent sales. So, some consumers are still spending, both online and offline, it just seems to not be the audience segmentation that largely makes up the eBay shopper.

Also, some of us commenting on this thread could be outlier categories in an environment where what we sell simply is not top of mind.

The truth has few friends but many enemies.
No one is perfect, though a mirror and the right clothes may make some think otherwise.
Message 28 of 30
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I agree - eBay isn't going to flip a switch and suddenly bam shift into managed payments - it's a roll-out which means a great deal of code changes, database events, etc. preceding it, and which are probably accelerating.  I'm not the least surprised that we're seeing glitches, errors and the like in the run-up.  Sales patterns go up and down, sure, and it's going to be slow season for a lot of people, but the one commonality is this massive change-over in payments with system changes creating turbulence.

Yep; We were required to sign up by the 15th, yet MP still isn't active.

EBay's stance: "You'll be activated in late July, don't worry, we'll give you 2 weeks notice!" - 2 weeks from today is August 3rd...

Anyway, eBay's server giving a 10007 error on the exact date we began registration after never receiving that error for years is not a coincidence. They changed *something* on their end. And as noted in my thread regarding it, it's related to shipping. 

Aside from that error causing issues, shipping is one of the variables used in the algorithm, so it definitely could have consequences beyond the error.

I'm just hoping these issues get resolved before they take the next step in activated MP. That may be why things seem to be delayed. Hoping the delay is to fix these problems!

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Your in a race to the bottom.  Only can happen on ebay

Message 30 of 30
latest reply