cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no sales

Has Ebay tanked??, Havent seen it this bad in 15 yrs. 

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: no sales

Do you know what the issues are? Would like to know.

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

I have to agree its all about the buyer.

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

i hope they get it figured out soon especially with the crucial holiday season basically already here. my sales are down 60% from just last year and my combined selling costs are now approaching 40% .  that's not feasible to keep my store open. i hope the lights get turned back on this place before they go out on my store for good.

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

I came here this morning to see if the decline in sales was a growing trend effecting others and as I expected it is. Down over 50% YTD and 20% down last 30 days. All through summer and into the Fall it seems sales were stagnating and in fact declining. The companies stock doesnt lie. 52 week high was nearly $50 Friday's close was $29.87 and was approaching the 52 week low of $26.36 and then got a bump, the stock is down 40% from its 52 week high which was mid November of last year. After the new year is when it started trending down for me. I think Amazon is eating eBay's lunch. Traffic has dropped off as well by the same percentages. It also is apparent they throttle sales away from areas hit by natural disasters, etc as I have witnessed that first hand with hurricanes in my area. It is time to implement some new procedures and new outlets. If this trend continues it could be trouble for many eBay sellers. Good luck to all selers. I am praying for a banner holiday sales season. Time will tell.

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

Absolute truth!!!!! The stock price never lies
Message 20 of 42
latest reply

I have been selling 11 years and agree with you somewhat on the "come back every time". It does seem too but not in a BIG way. I hope you're right. Good luck. Praying for an above average holiday sales season.
Message 21 of 42
latest reply

Well I am hoping for a turnaround as well but with every day passing it just seems to get worse.Don't know if the other sites are experiencing this too or just here?

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

eBay CFO Scott Schenkel said. “Just recently we rolled out a direct from brand and direct from authorized resellers… Brands want choice and they want to sell on a marketplace with 177 million users that doesn’t compete with them.”

Sales could go up, they just will be concentrated to fewer and fewer big brand sellers, as is their plan. The reason they didn't tell you the small sellers, is because they'll pay more store sub fees before they realize they've been ousted.
Message 23 of 42
latest reply

You and I both hoping the holidays do something to bolster sales.
Message 24 of 42
latest reply

Not only no sales--nobody is even looking or watching.

Seems like my items are not even out there!??

I am glad to hear I'm not  the only one!

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

Please give me tips for selling product how can i increase my sale.

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

I agree, I do the same thing from time to time & it works!

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

yes orangehound works for ebay, i had a discussion on here about 2 to 3 months ago and he scrutinised my page saying i was selling to much old items, when in fact i have tons of new items that were and now once again....not moving at all they just don,t want to admit that something is differently wrong with there site, ive just submitted my documents to amazon today to open an account, i need to start utilising, other selling platforms, i've been loyal to ebay but it's no feeling like a 2 way street. i really do like selling on ebay and wish they would just stop screwing with the site and stop trying to be like other companies. And they also need to have customers accountable for there actions just as they do the sellers.
Message 28 of 42
latest reply

@barrkrystah wrote:
yes orangehound works for ebay

@barrkrystah

I do not work for eBay ... I deal with the same issues that every other seller has to deal with.   If you followed my posts, you would see both praise of eBay and criticism of eBay.

We also sell on other platforms.  Each has its strengths and weaknesses.

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

No ... eBay's most recent quarterly report reported that sales were up 4-5% over last year, and they've been up every quarter this year.

Obviously, an individual seller might be below or above this number.  It just depends on whether or not your items are actually in demand by buyers, how much competition you have, and your prices.

I understand you are giving great advice and it will help a little.  But again you responding to enough individual sellers you should call it a group.  And that group is getting bigger everyday.   Sellers are looking here for advice because ebay, their selling partner, is not providing it for them.  Telling sellers that they are doing better than others does not change the fact that their sales have declined greatly and they are suffering, and many will be leaving ebay.   

I know that you hope to save as many sellers as you can, but ebay is working very hard against you.  It is not just too many listings or being overpriced, ebay has made it difficult to shop on ebay.  ebay is showing items that buyers do not want so buyers are leaving.  It is not all loss of demand, it is also loss of buyers due to bad search results provided by ebay.  If buyers can not find what they are looking for the demand drops on ebay.   Those buyers having difficult time finding what they want will shop someplace else.   I know becasue my personal purchases on ebay have dropped and my money has been spent elsewhere.  Even you stated you buy lots of stuff not on ebay with your credit card, even from small sites.  You sell on ebay and spend hours on ebay helping other sellers however, everyone of your purchases is a sale loss by ebay.  Many of the smaller sites have less cost to sellers making items cheaper off of ebay.  We are all losing traffic to promoted listings and sales because of our increased cost to sell on ebay.  ebay profits more from increase fees then sellers do.  

Message 30 of 42
latest reply