cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new format for ebay shopping experience

hi,

any idea if ebay is working on changing their FORMAT so it is more BUYER FRIENDLY.?  one complaint I have heard from ebay buyers (when reading on various blogs) is it takes to long to find an item buy.     I have heard online shoppers tout amazn's web site because everything is all in one place and an item can be found and a purchae can be made very quickly (everyything is very UNIFORM).

what would be great is a DUAL FORMAT.  and whenever you go to ebay, you can click on whichever format you want to use to shop with.  ebay needs a UPC catalog (similair to amazn and other marketplaces) that has will pull all the manufacturer data so the buyer can see it.

any idea if they are working on anything like this?  I used to sell on ebay much more but I found I could get higher prices on my products elsewhere so I don't sell here much anymore.  but I would like to sell more here .  but they need to try to draw more high end buyers so I can get a better price on the products I sell.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: new format for ebay shopping experience

They rolled out a hot mess recently. It is very confusing and seems all about promoting favored large sellers, as usual. Luckily you can opt out and go back to the devil you know search on eBay.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@wasatchm

eBay has been working on what they call "Product Pages" for a while now.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Help-us-improve-our-product-pages/m-p/26054469#M837519

The pages tend to favor the big guys and Chinese ...

The pages are built from the Product Identifiers (UPC/MPN/Moxel) and Item Specifics entered into the listing.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Agreed, Have been dealing with eBay for years, then this confusing collage presents itself, and I was lost until spotting the faint little blue link that let me go back to normal. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Here's what the new shopping experience has done for my sales.

120 Days --------15,135

90 Days ---------11,424

30 Days----------3,011

7 Days------------277

24 Hrs--------------14

Message 5 of 5
latest reply