cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my item sold to international bidder, stated in description, no international bidders.

I listed a item that stated, please no international bidders, thank you. Well I had a international bidder win from the Ukraine. I messaged him , sorry I don't ship outside of U.S.  Can I offer a second chance to another bidder? Or just relist? Thank you

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: my item sold to international bidder, stated in description, no international bidders.

Was the winning bidder's ship-to address in Ukraine or the United States?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: my item sold to international bidder, stated in description, no international bidders.

Do not state in the description, put that in the shipping section "no international shipping"

ten_o_nine_0-1636421065704.png

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

And don't offer a second chance until you resolve this issue.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I wish sellers learn how to use ebay, when making listing you can tick the boxes.  As ten_o_nine said.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@meangreen56 

If the buyer hasn't paid, they'll probably use a US address when they do, so you won't be shipping International.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

It doesn't count to just say ‘no international shipping’ in your description. You must also set up your shipping exclusions to omit all foreign lands. Below is a link on how to set up your shipping preferences.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options?id=4089

Ok, that said, you also need to be aware that canceling a transaction can carry a penalty if you fail to follow eBay policy.  Below is another link describing that. The reason you choose for cancelling a sale must be done carefully to avoid a black mark against your account.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/cancelling-transaction?id=4136#section2

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Nothing particularly stops OP from a cancel "problem with buyer's address" but they do need to do a better job addressing where they will ship to, to prevent this. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

a1.jpg     It looks like your shipping preferences on your listings are setup correctly to only ship to the US. My guess is, and you will discover this when the buyer pays, that they are using a freight forwarder with a US shipping address. It is a glitch in the eBay filtering check since the check only validates against the shipping address and not the users registered address. 

This happens a lot. The buyer looses all protection under the MBG once the item is delivered to the FF. This does NOT however apply to items shipped through the eBay GSP or International Standard delivery where the seller is still responsible for door to door delivery. There is also limited seller protection in the event of a chargeback although eBay just released a new policy regarding that process but it is somewhat painful to go through. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

You must also have your shipping preferences set up correctly.  Just mentioning it in the listing is not sufficient.  Did the buyer use a forwarding service and thus have a US ship to address?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 10 of 10
latest reply