cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

marketing sociopaths: Answer yes, or yes. "...get $5 off when you purchase in our app!"

I don't want this app, and don't want to waste my time clicking this off over and over everytime I try to look at a listing.  Ebay gives me the choice to agree, or agree.

It is like Ebay marketing wants to block me from using the site.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

marketing sociopaths: Answer yes, or yes. "...get $5 off when you purchase in our app!"

Well the resolution to that is simple.  Don't use it.  I don't use it.  Many people don't use it.  I'm not sure what your issue really is?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Well the resolution to that is simple.  Don't use it.  I don't use it.  Many people don't use it.  I'm not sure what your issue really is? 

As usual understanding the issue actually entails using eBay, to see the pop-under reappear on every page, even after it has been dissedmissed.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

They tricked me into downloading the app to get the $5 coupon, but then they will not provide the coupon code and it does not appear in the app.  Accordingly, I promptly deleted the app.  Thanks for wasting my time, eBay!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@kmbbubba wrote:

They tricked me into downloading the app to get the $5 coupon, but then they will not provide the coupon code and it does not appear in the app.  Accordingly, I promptly deleted the app.  Thanks for wasting my time, eBay!

I am sorry you did not get the coupon as you expected to.  IDK what the requirements are to get the coupon, so I'm no help on that part.  However Ebay did not "trick' you into downloading the app.  You chose to download the app.  You pushed all the right buttons, you may now regret that decision, but that doesn't mean you were "tricked" into anything.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The same thing just happened to me. If I say I was "deceived" by their marketing ploy (not getting what is promised), is that more accurate and acceptable terminology?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply