cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

listing change from Buy it now to Auction

how do you change an existing Buy it now listing to Auction?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You have to end it and then relist it as an auction. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hm. Interesting. I think this function to change to auction was removed from ebay, at least in it's relist and sell similar pages. I know before there used to be a setting you can click near the top of the page of a sell similar or relist page to change to auction.

The way I would do it now is thru a 3rd party lister like auctiva, but it's a work-around as you aren't revising a live listing to become an auction (can you even do that?) but rather using the listing template and changing it to an auction before posting it live.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Go your active listings list. Next to each item is an edit drop-down menu. From there select change to auction. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

Go your active listings list. Next to each item is an edit drop-down menu. From there select change to auction. 

Actually this is close, but not entirely correct. At least it isn't for me because I don't see that option in a pulldown menu. It's somewhere else for me.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 11.43.38.pngPlease note this doesn't work if you have variations in your listing. I can't remember if it worked in the past.Please note this doesn't work if you have variations in your listing. I can't remember if it worked in the past.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

!ebay-change-to-auction.jpg

if it is eligible, it will be there in the drop down

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I'm a new seller and can't even find the menu you're on!!  Is it possible to get more specific instructions???

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I hope that helps..Miltiadis.jpg

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply