cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

items disappear after only 2-relists & less than 25 days - Ebay deleted.

When I list items, Listing for 5-days at a time fixed price, I start at a higher price and then with each re-list I lower the price until the item sells (or it reaches my minimum and then i take it to the flea market). This has worked very well for me.

I had several Disney DVDs listed and I was getting ready for the third relist which would have brought the price to below the Ebay average. These DVDs ended on Sunday Night and showed as all ended last night. Today I go to relist and 10 of the DVDs no longer show anywhere in my inventory! I tried using the Ebay listing numbers and it came up as not existing.

What kind of a new policy is this on Ebay? These were not even listed for a total of 30 days yet (only two 5-day listing periods)... The longest my items stay on ebay is 2-months before I move them off to another selling venue.

I will re-list these by creating a new listing but what a pain in the rear.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: items disappear after only 2-relists & less than 25 days - Ebay deleted.

Try searching for them a couple other ways. One is to click on your user name as if you are someone else looking at your completed listings. You might see them in your completeds as someone would see them. Another is to do a search for them in completed listings, again, not as your completeds, but as someone else would see them in a general search. 

I have found some of my items this way.

Ebay is getting very strange with completed listings. A high end sale I made in the last month has disappeared, the only way I can find it is in my completeds, it is nowhere on ebay otherwise. I guess the servers are full. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

After  you have tried a few ways to find them, as just suggested, and they are not to be found, I would definitely call

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

No, the items have actually been deleted and no longer exist. I have tried every way to find them that i know of. I checked complete listings and they are not there. I entered the ebay listing number and they are not there. I even checked my account bill which shows the item as having been listed but when I try to find them, poof-they are not there (hot links come up empty).

I have been on Ebay for 20 years... this has never happened before.

As for GTC or 30-day, I find that with DVDs, 5-days at a time is the charm. I lower the price with each relist and when the price hits bottom, I create 30-day lots or bring them to the flea market.

I know that ebay recently created a clean-up of deadbeat items policy, but, this is ridiculous!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

What's the title of one of the DVDs that's missing?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I believe they're back. Checked your completed listings for the last fifteen days and saw 12 Disney dvd's not currently listed.

This was probably a glitch. I don't believe ebay is targeting you (36 listings and most of them sell quickly). 

The people whose listings are being deleted, have thousands of listings. Very similiar listings.

I suspect that this isn't a space problem; this is an indexing problem. Too many for the bots to spider through too often. Which would effect search.

If it happens again, I'm probably right about the indexing. You may want to extend your listing time, although I don't really think that's what's happened to you.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I will re-list these by creating a new listing but what a pain in the rear.

WHy bother when you were ready to relist them for below ebay average before you realized they were no longer in your inventory.  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I had 35 disney DVDs listed.

Half no longer exist (and they ended Sunday night)

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@bidonmine wrote:

You said you relisted them a couple of times already.

Did you look in your deleted items for the original listings?

Did you search with the original item #s, not the relisted item #s?

What is a title or item # of one of the DVDs? Maybe we can help locate a listing.

Did you search with Google for a cached view of the webpage?

If you provide some details like a single item # or title we can probably help you find something to go on.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@bidonmine wrote:

I would give it a day for them to show up. Ebay might be having very slow indexing times as somebody else noted. I think their servers are overwhelmed. Anybody try to look at buying here lately? There's a reason the selling end is slow....there is an amazingly large number of listings, over 1 billion. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply