cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item finally arrived weeks after refund

I just received an item weeks after I received a refund .Dealing with the seller was difficult , they refused to send me tracking info , item was shipped from another country, and the communication from them was erratic , they kept insisting that the ship date Dec 4 was new years eve and thats why it delayed etc , lots of anger directed at me .But I want to pay for the item .It was expensive .How do I do this with managed payments , and how do I protect myself ? as I'm a bit leery of this seller now

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: item finally arrived weeks after refund

@angelscore wrote:

I just received an item weeks after I received a refund .Dealing with the seller was difficult , they refused to send me tracking info , item was shipped from another country, and the communication from them was erratic , they kept insisting that the ship date Dec 4 was new years eve and thats why it delayed etc , lots of anger directed at me .But I want to pay for the item .It was expensive .How do I do this with managed payments , and how do I protect myself ? as I'm a bit leery of this seller now

If the Seller refunded you in full, there is not a mechanism on this transaction for you to "re-pay" as you were refunded in full.  E-Bay considers this transaction closed.

You have the Seller's address.....you could mail them payment?

If you have an issue with the item, you have no recourse, as the transaction shows you were fully refunded.

What is the item?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I do not believe there is a way to re-pay within eBay any longer once you receive your refund.

When items got refunded due to late delivery, honest buyers re-paid me through Paypal (I provided my email address).

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I'm having the same problem!  I ordered from Sri Lanka and it arrived in the US 3 weeks before the earliest delivery date. Then after a few weeks more the latest delivery date goes by and still no item. I waited 3 weeks past the latest delivery date to file not received and the seller promptly refunded.  Then I received the package a week later and I tried to message the seller for their PayPal address to repay but eBay  blocked the message. Then I thought  I would just mail them an International money order if I can't get their email address  but guess what? They blocked my message with unable to send. Then I figured I would send an International Money Order but the return address on the package was pasted over with different labels slapped on the package during transit.  Tried to message them wanting their address to send a Money Order and that was blocked.

eBay is so dang afraid someone is trying to do a deal outside of eBay is the reason I can't get their contact info. That's really messed up. They screw sellers every way they can.  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If members have been in a transaction, including failed transactions, the restrictions on contact and financial information are much reduced.

I tried to message the seller for their PayPal address to repay but eBay blocked the message. ... if I can't get their email address but guess what? They blocked my message with unable to send.

I suspect the Block was not by eBay but by the seller, who has discovered how to use the Blocked Bidder List.

Is the seller still actively selling?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You're honest and kind. We need more buyers like you. And more sellers like you too!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I hadn't even thought of them blocking me. Yes, they are still selling.  FUNNY I was only buying from them as a kind gesture because  they were new and they came in here in Oct because nobody was buying any of their items!  Again, no good deed goes unpunished!  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@angelscore wrote:

How do I do this with managed payments , and how do I protect myself ? 

You don't and you don't.

Just walk away.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply