cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i shipped an item after the request was closed, can i still get the money for it??

yea so i shipped some shoes using a third party because ebay suddenly decided that i can't actually ship the item from my country even though it told me i could when i listed it, but i checked now and the request was closed while it was shipping. i already sent the thing but i don't even know if the buyer can confirm that it arrived or whatever because of the third party shipping so what the hell do i do now

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

i shipped an item after the request was closed, can i still get the money for it??

Unfortunately you are in  Lithuania and I cannot see the item you sold. When you say "the request was closed" do you mean eBay canceled the order? Had the buyer paid for the item before you shipped it? What was the item? What carrier service did you have in the listing? What carrier did you actually use to ship? Does the third party carrier have tracking with their service? Where was the item shipped to?? Not much information to work with here. 

This is also the US seller discussion forum so not a lot of people may be familiar with your postal services or what carriers are available. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

"I shipped an item after the request was closed" sounds like you never shipped, the buyer won an INR claim and was refunded and THEN you decided to ship?

I don't think you will get your money.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@mibur_469372,

This sale was in December 2023, wasn't it?

eBay says that you have only sold one item, and I found this one (below), which was sold Dec. 19, 2023 for US $430. The sale shows up on Terapeak, so the buyer did pay for it. The listing is more than 90 days old so it can't be viewed on eBay.com anymore, but I found a cached copy from before it was sold.

The buyer had up to 30 days after the estimated delivery date to open an Item Not Received dispute. If they did, and it was closed because the item had not been delivered, then it is probably too late for anything to do be done, even if the item was eventually delivered late.

lacemaker3_0-1711649412542.png

lacemaker3_1-1711649468083.png

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

ok so ebay says "The request is closed due to no activity", the buyer did pay for the item, the carrier service i had originally listed was just standard shipping, i used lietuvos paštas which had tracking, it was shipped to the US. I posted to here not knowing it was for the us so sorry abt that, ill try to find where else to ask.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

**bleep**.. thanks though

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You listed the shoes on this website, www.ebay.com, and there is no eBay website in Lithuania, so this is the best place to ask for help.

If you shipped the shoes by "lietuvos paštas" or Lithuanian Post, with tracking while the case was still open, then you should have gone back to to the case and entered the tracking number. Then you could have contacted eBay customer service and asked them to delay the case as long as the tracking number showed that the package was moving towards the destination address. Unfortunately, if you didn't ship until after the buyer opened the case, then it may have been too late, because you took too long to ship. eBay will give you some extra time as long as the package had already been shipped before the case was opened (meaning, before it was due to be delivered to the buyer).

I'm sorry it worked out like that, and that I can't give you better news.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply