cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to cancel a listing and refund

I have a bike listed for sale and the amount that I am receiving is only $9 ...i dont want to go ahead with the order and cancel it..please help

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I don't see how you would only receive $9.  It sold for $160 plus shipping.

You listed this with a Buy It Now and the buyer bought.  You will receive a defect for cancelling the sale and might receive negative feedback from the buyer. 

Also, if you relist it, you need to read up on how to list.  You had it as "New other" then mention in the listing that it was used once.  Used once, makes it a used item.  The buyer could have returned it as not as described and you would have been responsible for the return shipping.  You should also use real images, not stock photos. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I see a starting price of $115 and someone purchased it outright for $160 - you need to ship it.

Also, if something is even "gently" used, it's used.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

There is not enough information to provide you much assistance it is probably more important for future sales if you can explain how you figure you are only receiving $9. If it is the following item it sold for $160 and if I had purchased the item the shipping to me would have been $111.72. I am in VA so there is a 6% sales tax. EBay's FVF's would have been about $38.46 and if your actually shipping cost was $111.72 your payout should have been around $121.54, if you purchased the shipping label through eBay. 

You appear to have used calculated shipping for the item. Was the package size and weight correct in the listing? Did your actual shipping costs exceed what the seller paid? Did you use a promoted listing percentage on the listing and if so what was it? 

This appears to be your first sale. Not sure what reason you are going to use to cancel the sale but if it causes a defect in your seller metrics it may have some severe consequences. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1686078790307.png

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Did you make a mistake with your shipping rate and that is why you are not receiving much money?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Well, you have a couple of choices, you could cancel the sale by saying it was damaged or unavailable which will get you a defect and will seriously hurt your seller's account. On top of that you will likely get a Negative feedback response from the buyer. Or you could contact the buyer and tell them you seriously underestimated the shipping costs and see if they will let you off the hook and cancel the purchase. I doubt the second option will work but if you try it the first option is off the table, and you should ship the bike and take your lumps and a very expensive lesson on shipping costs.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@ukhul70 

Check to see if you have not been enrolled in Auto pricing.  Here's a screen shot:

screenshot2.jpg

On the right hand side of the page, you'll see see all options. Make sure those toggles are turned off.  I wish ebay would just stop with this.  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I agree with all the answers listed.  When you are just starting to sell, you can make a lot of mistakes, especially with the shipping.  You can message the buyer and explain about the shipping and how much it really costs,  I doubt if they will want to pay that.  You will have to cancel the sale and just accept the consequences.  If you do re-sell it, I would offer it as "Local Pick Up".  The shipping is eating up all your profits.   Shipping is not cheap.  Good Luck!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@ukhul70 wrote:

I have a bike listed for sale and the amount that I am receiving is only $9 ...i dont want to go ahead with the order and cancel it..please help

@ukhul70 

You're going to have to cancel the order, citing 'Out of stock/Item is no longer available', if you're not going to close the sale.

To do this, use the drop-down menu to the left of the order and 'Cancel order', citing your truthful reason. Your selling account will take a hit for it, but it is  an out. The refund will be made from the Pending funds, but you'll still be on the line for the $.30 Transaction fee so have a CC attached for your eBay fees.

I don't see how you only netted $9, but that's really not your question... it's on how to get out of the sale. Good luck.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi, I made a mistake on my Nikon as well. How do I cancel it? I overlooked the starting bid.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply