cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how on earth do you contact ebay via phone? help & contact pages don't work for this situation

I can't find a phone number & the help & contact ebay are useless for my situation! Buyer bought something, then messaged to sent to another address. No seller protection & not on a $300 item. Told buyer I would cancel purchase & relist. Then to edit address before paying. Got message from ebay that cancellation was successful & buyer refunded. Buyer has already messaged me that they didn't get a credit on credit card for original purchase. Said they contacted ebay & that refund was put through but she keeps hounding me, that she didn't get the credit to her credit to her card & that she checked with her bank. I have nothing to do with payments & yet she expects me to perform a miracle!  

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: how on earth do you contact ebay via phone? help & contact pages don't work for this situati

It can take a few days. Tell her that once. You don't need to engage with this person unless she opens some kind-of case.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Re: how on earth do you contact ebay via phone? help & contact pages don't work for this situati

I told her that, she is not listening & expects me to contact ebay. She just keeps hounding me with messages. She doesn't get it, managed payments handles payments & refunds.  

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Contacting eBay will not help you (or her).

Refunds go back to the original payment source; how long that takes depends upon the individual bank.

If you need to contact eBay and you are in North America, you can request a call back from eBay:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431/highlight/true#...

Or you may be able to contact eBay via social media:

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I already tried facebook. don't use twitter. and the help pages, i can't find a way to get ebay to call me or chat

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@mokie11559 wrote:

I already tried facebook. don't use twitter. and the help pages, i can't find a way to get ebay to call me or chat

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4822&st=10   Left side bar, receive a call or chat

OR

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp  bottom of the page, need more help, bottom of the page, contact us, click through the menu

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@mokie11559 wrote:

I told her that, she is not listening & expects me to contact ebay. She just keeps hounding me with messages. She doesn't get it, managed payments handles payments & refunds.  

Alas!  You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.  The same goes for trying to make people understand.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I don't see an issue.

Block this buyer and move on.

I think buyer knows how long a refund takes and wanted you to just ship to another address without protection.    They won't buy again....  

This is my posting user ID.
I have different user IDs for selling, buying and posting.
NOTE: Responders are eBay users like you that volunteer to help other users. We are not compensated by eBay.
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

They won't buy again because they are on my bbl now. She wanted it shipped to CA, she repurchased & received it. She just expects me to do something as she hasn't seen a credit yet for the cancelled purchase. She keeps messaging me & I can't do anything. Its between her, her bank & ebay

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Take a deep breath.

Dear  Buyer,

I submitted your refund through Ebay on date. Sorry there is nothing more I can do for you at this time, since I have no control over refunding a customer. I use to be able to do so with PayPal, but since Ebay took over with managed payments they manage all payment transactions from beginning to end.

Ebay managed payments handles all refunds. Usually when refunding, the funds will go back to the original payment source. If you used PayPal, the funds will be returned back to your PayPal account. It will take a few days for your funds to appear.

I can contact Ebay for Business on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness to see if they know how long it will take for your funds to be returned to you. You can do the same if you wish. They may take a day or so to answer back during the weekday. They always do answer, and are more reliable than the call center representatives.

Thank you for your patience,

your Ebay ID

I hear your stress in your words. Try to keep it as business professional as possible. Don't answer emotionally. You may want to contact Ebay for Business about this transaction and the buyer. They can look through the Ebay messages between you and your buyer. They will already have a record if anything goes really sideways later on.  They might actually be able to tell you something about the refund you can tell the buyer. They have helped me tremendously in the past when a call center person wasn't able to. Ebay for Business is Ebay.

I think the buyer may just want to know you will step up and take some type of action. Things will be taken care of. Sounds like a very skiddish buyer who is worried about getting their money. I do not think buyers realize that managed payments is a payment processor somewhat like PayPal. We do not handle the transactions ourselves. We do not have their credit card information.

Maybe Ebay should make that more clear to buyers that they are the payment processor. The sellers do not get their credit card info, and can not use it to make false purchases or overcharge them. Might help with customer confidence. Sellers not talking about how buyers accused them of over charging or using their care for a false purchase.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@mokie11559 wrote:

I have always used the Contact Us page that is linked on the bottom right of every eBay page...navigate the menu and select the "Request Call Back" option.   Shortest time for a call back was @ 40 seconds, longest was a couple of days...

Good luck and Merry Christmas!!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

You don't need eBay at this point. Credit cards can take day, weeks... heck, even a whole cycle to issue a credit. Ignore.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Thank you! I found it & got a call back right away 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Well I did have a rep call me & she gave me the date, time & last 4 digits of the cc the refund went to. I messaged the buyer & finally got through to the ninny.  

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@mokie11559 

Refunds to a credit card can take a few weeks or longer to show up in their account.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 16
latest reply