cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback

Seems like less and less buyers are leaving feedback. Has anybody else experienced this

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: feedback

Right on

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

When I  deal Ebay, Micosoft, Dell, Comcast, I get a survey from them, asking how did we do. To me thats a form feedback

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

@aircircus1 wrote:

Seems like less and less buyers are leaving feedback. Has anybody else experienced this

It does seem like less buyers are leaving feedback. It could be because buyers like so many people are busy and leaving feedback is not exactly high on their priority list especially if they're satisfied with their purchase.

It's nice if buyers leave feedback saying how happy/please they are with a seller's service/product but if they don't or forget I understand.

Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Seems like a seller with 3083 feedback doesn't need to worry about whether he gets it or not.

There could be many reasons why fewer buyers leave FB.  Just continue your successful path and don't worry about it. 

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

Talk about useful responses this is a great one. Very helpful

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

@aircircus1 Great so you do all those surveys when asked ?  You are pretty rare and must gets tons of spam but that's OK if you like it.

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

@dentalrprtek2012 Thanks. Anyone crying about feedback needs to understand not all are willing to give feedback.

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

I have left feed back for every transaction for sold or purchased items. Simple to take a moment to and send feedback not to much to ask the buyers as we are forced to do whatever they demand

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

'Will EBAY be the next Thing of the Past?'

You really have to ask that question?

Let's be blatantly honest here...  What was eBay in the early days?  It was billed as a place where people could post their trash that other people considered to be treasures.  eBay was essentially an Internet garage sale, where sellers had anything and everything, and all you had to do was type in what you were searching for.

Now?

It's the source for all businesses to go and hawk their wares.  Got 100 Mint-in-Box Star Wars action figures?  Post 'em on eBay rather than take up the space on a set of racks in your brick and mortar store and just wait for someone to buy several to get them out of the back room where you stored all the extra junk you can't move.  Found some unopened booster boxes of the hottest Magic The Gathering expansion set and now want to move them fast?  Post them on eBay and watch them fly.

I remember twenty years ago when I sold single rare cards for the latest CCG.  If I were to attempt to do that today, I'd be sitting on them until they gathered dust, making very little money and watching most of it go to eBay to pay for their fees.  Now, eBay is about being the superstore for all sorts of products, basically the overflow of a company's inventory that they want to move faster than it will take at one location.  It isn't about average folks, selling off their personal stuff to make some money for a vacation or to help pay for a car.  That period of time is long since past, and eBay caters to businesses rather than individuals.  Why do you think they revise their 'My eBay' homepage to make it more business-friendly?  Why do you think that they have spent so much time developing all these data points so that businesses can see trends, highs and lows in selling periods, month-to-month analysis graphs and more?  Because that's what a business wants.  Your average individual seller?  They don't care about all that stuff and would rather use the older system that eBay no longer supports.

So long as the business model favors catering to businesses over individuals, eBay will be a retail business' best friend.

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

Yes

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

Should ebay offer incentives to buyers to leave feedback?  even just a little one... to repay them for their time?  IDK.... I understand some people have frustration about this.  I'd say about only 1/3 of peple leave feedback for me and I use the Feedback stickers on my boxes....  But I look at it like this too.... The more feedback you get, the more people want to leave you a bad feedback if you have a perfect positive feedback score.... It's like a game or something....  So.... Pick one, perfect feedback, or high feedback.... I don't think you can have both 😛

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I developed a system a while back.

I don't give my buyer feedback right away......when tracking shows item was delivered, I send them this message: 

"(Buyer's Name),

Tracking shows that this item was delivered, so I will be closing out this transaction on my end.

I will be able to leave feedback if it is left for me.

Thanks again for your purchase,

(My Name)"

Then I go to "Sold" in My eBay Summary and delete the transaction.

If they leave me feedback, that gives me a portal to leave them feedback.

If I don't hear from them again, they don't get feedback either because I've already forgotten about the transaction.

I have found that this will even get about 25% of buyers that don't leave feedback to leave feedback so that they get feedback, and might get them into the practice again.

It also kind of hurries them to close out the transaction and forget about any minor problems they might have brought up.

Has worked pretty smooth for me, and brought more feedback my way.

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

Phanto, is this you?

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

You have received 3,222 feedback. Seriously, can you explain how 3, 223 would make a difference? I really don’t understand.

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

Nobody "has to" leave FB.

Message 30 of 46
latest reply