cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback issue., Maybe

I sell coins, I had for sale 63 proof cents. I have sold over 150 sets without any buyer complaining .When I started selling them I put 50 coins in a coin tube  the other 13 coins in a 2 x 2 cardboard holders & I did mention this in the description . Well I decided to split them up & put 32 coins in 1 tube & the other 31 coins in another tube for better protection & I forgot to change the description, Had a buyer purchase 1 set & he sent an email about the 13 holders & why they were not in the package , I told him I put all coins into 2 tube & forgot to change the description, 

He said he's lucky amazon sells them so I emailed him back to fully understand what he was talking about & try to make him a little happier & he replied with:: 

One more time. Because the ebay store mentioned 2x2 and it was missing from the package--- I went ahead to buy the missing 2x2 from amazon. This should do it. If you want to pursue this further, I will then write up a feedback.. Do not aggravate the situation with me with another email from you. Did I make myself clear.Period!!!!

Should I report him ?? I did block him, he didn't leave any feedback , Yet.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: feedback issue., Maybe

@reddfred409 wrote:
the holders were only to be for 13 coins , not all 63 coins as in the description .So I thought i would contact him to send him some holders,

@reddfred409 

That would be a nice thing to do.  However do NOT contact your buyer and tell them you are sending it.  Just send it.  They have been crystal clear with you that they do not want any more emails.  If you choose to ignore that request, then you need to accept without complaint what may result from that.  You have been warned by your buyer.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Report for what?

Your description was not entirely accurate, the buyer doesn't want to hear from you about it anymore.

Let it go!

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

all I did was reply to his email

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Slippinjimmy is right.  Your buyer didn't do anything wrong except maybe being a bit stern with you.  They were upset by an error in the description.  By your admission it was your mistake.  Your buyer, while mad, is willing to walk away without damaging your FB.  So just let them walk away.  They have not breached any rule, but you did by not editing your description to reflect the change you made.  It happens from time to time.

You are very lucky they are willing to let it go, I'd appreciate that and just move on.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

There's nothing to report. Just be sure to change the description promptly to avoid confusion. Stop communicating with the buyer.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Report for what? Telling you to leave him alone?
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

There is nothing to report him for.  You changed the description and didn't alert your buyer prior to his purchase.  He is annoyed and went to buy from Amazon.

He is also annoyed because you pressed the issue after he told you he bought from Amazon as he expected you to know that he bought what was missing from your listing here.  

He then made it very clear for you to leave him alone, or he will address this in feedback, so it is not a good idea to prod him further.

The buyer has done nothing to be reported for.  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I will pipe in here as well.

The buyer was very disappointed with them not being in the holders. Sounds like he wanted that and part of why he purchased them. Sounds like he was frustrated that he had to buy some from another source when he feels they should have been present with his initial order.

Now, I don't know your business, but he was very salty clearly, did not want to leave feedback on the transaction and did not want to hear from you.

Now to my thoughts;
You messed up. Not the buyer. It's cool - god knows we all mess up. In this instance you blocked the buyer for being disappointed in your error. Despite the fact they did not leave you a negative or neutral feedback.

I don't know what your merchandise costs are....but if you want to make an good impression with the buyer - follow up by shipping them some 2x2 flips and a letter of apology.

Really want to make a impact, follow up with some free merch for their troubles - again, I don't know what your merch costs are.....but....

I go back to the first point. You dropped the ball in the listing, not the buyer. Unfortunately, the buyer had some expectation or purpose with the coins in the flips - gifts for kids/grandkids/easy resale for them at the swap meets flea market...dunno, but having some in flips was important.

So my two cents, you shouldn't really have blocked him - unless and until he leaves poor feedback. You should send him some flips at the minimum with an apology. You have a potential opportunity here to create a repeat loyal customer. May work out, may not work out, but it has potential and loyal repeat buyers spend a lot more than a one time buy.

Lesson here is maybe the flips are more important than the tubes given the coins are suppose to be proofs. Last thing you want is them rattling around getting "bag marks" in plastic tubes.

Cheers
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

feedback issue., Maybe

Feedback issue? No.

There seems to be some myth about eBay that buyers cannot threated to leave negative feedback for a seller. They absolutely can - as long as they do not make that feedback threat contingent upon a refund, a return, or getting something they are not entitled to. Your buyer did none of those things. 

Customer service issue? Definitely.

After his first message, you should have immediately apologized to the buyer and told him that you had already put the missing coin holders in the mail to him at your expense. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

the holders were only to be for 13 coins , not all 63 coins as in the description .So I thought i would contact him to send him some holders,
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@reddfred409 wrote:

@reddfred409 

That would be a nice thing to do.  However do NOT contact your buyer and tell them you are sending it.  Just send it.  They have been crystal clear with you that they do not want any more emails.  If you choose to ignore that request, then you need to accept without complaint what may result from that.  You have been warned by your buyer.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

OP, that's a great idea.  It might make your buyer feel better about the whole thing.   Just send them, don't message him as he really doesn't want to hear from you again, and it is wise to respect that.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply