cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eligible to send offers

What makes an item /listing eligible to send offers ?  I wouldn't mind having more items offered. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: eligible to send offers

Try putting some things on your Watch List. That might generate some sellers' offers to you. Good luck.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

If you're a seller and would like to send offers to watchers, read this eBay help page. It might give you some good info:

Offers To Buyers 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I am a seller and was wondering because only a few listings show up.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I will check it out, thank you

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

If you are a seller, an item is eligible for 'send offer' if the listing is a Buy it Now (not auction) and the listing has watchers that have their accounts set to accept offers.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I can't seem to find an answer.  There isn't a pattern as to what listings is chosen.  Yes, I know one that someone is watching, but not all watchers get a offer.  I like sending offers to people who are watching an item.  A lot of the time they go for the offer.  As a buyer, I also like to get an offer.  Seller Hub didn't offer any information.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Buyers have the option to set their account not to receive offers. So, if the only buyers who have viewed or watched a particular listing don't accept offers, then that listing won't be eligible to send any offers.

Basically, a listing is eligible to send offers if any buyers (who accept offers) have watched it, put it in their shopping cart, or sometimes just viewed it.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I hear you that is the exact question I have but Noone seems to know.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Only potential buyers who have their accounts set to receive offers will have the option of receiving offers.  If they watch or look at an item and the seller decides to send an offer, they'll get the offer.  It's all about account settings.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

eBay publishes the criteria that need to be met to make offers eligible.  

Regardless, this is a zombie thread. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Watchers, or users that have put an item in a cart or viewed an item multiple times, need to have enabled that option on the user's Communications Preferences page in order to be eligible to receive an offer from a seller.

Even if those users are otherwise eligible, if that user has already received an offer from that seller for that item, or if the maximum number of allowable offers overall have been received already, the seller may not be able to make another offer.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply