cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay policies are becoming a joke!

in messages buyer starts saying that a brand new item had missing pieces, then proceeds to say he has two just like it, if your a seller you know those are huge red flags.. i simply blocked him, he the proceeds to open a return (arrived damaged) im forced to accept, as you all know. item arrives to me completely destroyed, i call CS, they say i have to refund to close the case then appeal.  i don't have many cases like this so i do, guess CS didn't know what they where talking about because now i'm SOL, because i voluntarily refunded.  but here is the kicker, he then goes and leaves a negative because i blocked him, and guess what??  ebay wont remove because it doesn't go against their (policy).  so now i'm out the item, the money, and i have a negative..  well done ebay,  way to treat your sellers!  bravo!!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Oh man, sorry you got lousy advice from CS. eBay never reimburses when you refund voluntarily.

You're TRS but your no returns policy means you don't qualify for TRS seller protections (withholding up to 50% of the refund when the item comes back damaged or altered).

Chances are if you declined to refund and eBay forced it, you may not have won on appeal unless the buyer had a history of abuse, so you may have come out better by voluntarily refunding than if you didn't. If you got the defect and lost the appeal, you'd not only keep the defect but your fees would be forfeit, as well.

If you haven't done it already, report the buyer through eBay. Make it harder for them to keep doing this. If sellers don't report, eBay won't flag their account for abuse.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Your responses to the neutrals and negatives are worse than what the buyer left.

You are not doing yourself any favors by calling buyers "crazy"

Since there was a case and you refunded you may be able to have the FB removed.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

And yet us dumb sh_ts still use ebay.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Being SOL because you refunded before a return has existed since eBay began.

The policy about not removing feedback just because a seller does not like it has existed since eBay began. 

The money back guarantee policy has existed since 2008.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Iam experiencing similar. I sold a brand new item...buyer asked refunf for damaged item reason and than stating that the item is just to big for her.... ebay doing the same. Ofc they do they are taking our money..huge fees...

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I didn't call anyone anything,  I forgot to put in a comma,  read it again. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Try contacting northwestnirvana apparently, according to a recent post he has successfully challenged and beaten buyer claims multiple times. He has some secret method apparently. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply