cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay now files SNAD in behalf of the buyer

I had to call Mary to find out what was going on she didn't file the dispute ebay CS did it in her behalf. She's been waiting for a email response from me which I responded to their dispute last Friday 10 mins. after it arrived in my inbox as of today my response has never been sent to her instead its been going to a ebay CS rep....

Message 1 of 288
latest reply
287 REPLIES 287

I wonder if it is a new approach by ebay to help sellers?   You know, by making things easier through helping to take a load off of the seller and handle the returns for them - give the seller more time to list things, and all that.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 288
latest reply

Just wondering with all the internal fraud thats taking place within different ecom sites why is ebay allowing their CS reps. into buyer or seller accounts they have no business there...

Message 3 of 288
latest reply

Knowing how much ebay depends on 3rd party and off-shore sourcing, perhaps they don't know?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 288
latest reply

I've seen a few posts like this the last couple of days.  I wonder if it's Ebay's way to judge and keep track of SNADs filed by buyers?  I find it quite interesting.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 288
latest reply

So now as well as ebay thinking they know better than sellers, they've decided they also know what buyers want?

The hubris is overwhelming.

Maybe they weren't getting enough sellers into the 4% additional FVF?
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 6 of 288
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Just wondering with all the internal fraud thats taking place within different ecom sites why is ebay allowing their CS reps. into buyer or seller accounts they have no business there...

Well didn't we see this before where an ebay CS  completely stepped over the line, way outside her pervue where even one of the blues agreed that she did.

Message 7 of 288
latest reply

Next we'll be seeing that exact same CS agent who filed the SNAD end up going into the seller's account to accept to refund the buyer (out of the seller's pocket) and let the buyer keep the item.

It'll be a one man show acting as both sides of the claim on both your behalfs (or is it behalves?). You're welcome buyers and sellers!

Message 8 of 288
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
So now as well as ebay thinking they know better than sellers, they've decided they also know what buyers want?

The hubris is overwhelming.

Maybe they weren't getting enough sellers into the 4% additional FVF?

I really don't like the idea that anyone from eBay including outsourced CS agents can just go into my account at will. This seems like crossing some sort of a line. All we need is a rogue employee and real damage could be done.

I've been seeing threads lately where a Blue just pops in to say "I looked at your account and..." where previously they would request the user PM information first.

Who do they think they are? As a buyer only- and a prolific one- I'm really considering just abandoning ship here. It's like handing your wallet to a store clerk before you shop. It's downright invasive.

I'm a principal in another collectibles venue and we can't access user's accounts, nor do we want to. We're a venue, not a conservator. Even when one gets a conservator to handle one's affairs there's a laborious process involved. 

eBay... GET OUT of my account!

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 9 of 288
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

I wonder if it is a new approach by ebay to help sellers?   You know, by making things easier through helping to take a load off of the seller and handle the returns for them - give the seller more time to list things, and all that.

Awesome! Us sellers really need some assistance with getting our defect rate up for 4% extra FVF. Glad to know eBay finally has our backs!

Message 10 of 288
latest reply

It's fun to be generous with other peoples stuff.
A long time ago when i filled vending machines with chips and candy one day i don't know what was wrong with me i just started giving it all away funny after that they promoted me to a vending mechanic trained me and everything. eBay  test subject gets revengeeBay test subject gets revenge

Message 11 of 288
latest reply

@moms**art**window** wrote:

It's fun to be generous with other peoples stuff.

My deadbeat brother in law loves to always send people gifts and treat everyone to dinner using his credit card that his dad pays for. People think he's really generous. Ebay agents are so generous too, unlike them evil stingy ebay sellers.

Message 12 of 288
latest reply

My problem is coming from if I want to talk to someone about my wifes account I'm not allowed to,but some offshore CS rep. can access anything in anyones account without a bit of consent from anyone...

Message 13 of 288
latest reply

I agree, do not mess with my account that way. Very intrusive and I am really surPrised they are doing it. WHY? NEXT it will be intrusive with my money via their payment system. Please stop the micro management. I love Ebay but jeez, I do not get that one. Somebody from Ebay will you explain this ?

Message 14 of 288
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

I had to call Mary to find out what was going on she didn't file the dispute ebay CS did it in her behalf. She's been waiting for a email response from me which I responded to their dispute last Friday 10 mins. after it arrived in my inbox as of today my response has never been sent to her instead its been going to a ebay CS rep....

How did this start though? Did your buyer call eBay saying there was a problem with the order, then eBay took it upon themselves to handle the SNAD?

Why wouldn't the buyer have visibility to your response to the case? Wouldn't they need to have access to the case since they have to take action by returning, accepting a partial refund option, or whatever the outcome may be?

Message 15 of 288
latest reply