cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay Reshipper Forwarding Co. Hijacking Listings to Their Site

I recently sold a watch, $400, to what turned out to be a US based Japanese Reshipper, Shop Airlines. I discovered they actually pull ebay listings and put them on their own website.  They obviously do this on a massive scale. In fact, the only way I can see them pulling this off is if they have some business arrangement with ebay to transfer listings onto their site.  Here is an example of one of my items...

http://www.sekaimon.com/us/156424/Personal%2C+Field+Gear/263502051833/

I have three other watches listed, same thing. So if you are a seller with collectibles, jewelry, etc your stuff is probably also on there. Without your knowledge. Even if you have your settings at no International Sales. Just plug in your auction number into their search bar to check. This company also does snipe bids at the last second, thus negating any opportunity to cancel out a bid. This company/buyer also had over 50 - 75 accounts listed according to one forum posting. The account used on mine was smallfamiliar2718.

Apparently they, or their account holders, do a lot of ebay buying, have excellent feedback, and also leave positive feedback for sellers.  But I've also read negative accounts on them on various internet sites. They claim they take responsibility for your item once it leaves their warehouse but some seller experiences dictate otherwise. They are very knowledgable on the ebay and PayPal refund systems.

I personally have no desire to deal with International Shipping.  I have all the ebay and PayPal blocks set. Yet the fact that ebay is allowing, or what seems to be colluding with this large scale buyer without my knowledge, behind my back, to facilitate foreign buyers really angers me.  It obviously opens up the Japanese market to ebay and of course more money in sold item fees. The seller be damned as to their selling preferences....i.e US sales only.

I can't effectively block them as they will just use another one of their numerous unknown accounts to purchase items. I can't cancel out their bids because they know to use last second sniping.  I realize they may have a good track record on feedback....but hey thats all you can leave....butits just something I don't want to deal with. 

I am extremely explicit on my listings about no International Sales, no Reshipper Forwarding.  Doesn't matter to these people. As I stated, many sellers have had a positive experience with them. But the fact that I am FORCED to deal with them doesn't cut it with me. What good are settings if they are worthless.

I canceled the transaction, they hadn't paid yet. I'll probably get a defect and maybe a neg FB but I coud care less.  I'll just wait a year for it to drop off. I'm a smalltime seller selling my own stuff and don't need this aggravation. 

Message 1 of 96
latest reply
95 REPLIES 95

Re: ebay Reshipper Forwarding Co. Hijacking Listings to Their Site

@emerald40wrote:

@sharingthelandwrote:

@emerald40wrote:

@myangelandmyprincesswrote:

@emerald40wrote:

Question - if buyer in Japan files SNAD and is willing to pay shipping, does seller have to return his money?  What happens if he sends you back a rock?  Yes Japanese people tend to be very honorable, but

as long as paypal allows returns for SNAD once it leaves the reshipper, I00% agree if this seller only wants to deal with USA buyers.

which are the same risks you take with any shipment plain domestic ones as well.

I disagree.  At least there are agencies and the courts and police I can turn to if dealing with someone in the US.

The buyer is in the US.  

Have you read all my posts?

Yes.  And your question above is not relevant; the buyer is not in Japan.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 76 of 96
latest reply

@sharingthelandwrote:

@emerald40wrote:

@sharingthelandwrote:

@emerald40wrote:

@myangelandmyprincesswrote:

@emerald40wrote:

Question - if buyer in Japan files SNAD and is willing to pay shipping, does seller have to return his money?  What happens if he sends you back a rock?  Yes Japanese people tend to be very honorable, but

as long as paypal allows returns for SNAD once it leaves the reshipper, I00% agree if this seller only wants to deal with USA buyers.

which are the same risks you take with any shipment plain domestic ones as well.

I disagree.  At least there are agencies and the courts and police I can turn to if dealing with someone in the US.

The buyer is in the US.  

Have you read all my posts?

Yes.  And your question above is not relevant; the buyer is not in Japan.

In your opinion.  And that is why I was asking for clarification as to how paypal would handle it if SNAD was filed.

Message 77 of 96
latest reply

It's not "my opinion."  It's actual fact.  The buyer is in the US.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 78 of 96
latest reply

@sharingthelandwrote:

Again, I know where the buyer is located.  And that was not my point.

Message 79 of 96
latest reply

@emerald40wrote:

@sharingthelandwrote:

Obviously not.  You said, "If  buyer in Japan..."

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 80 of 96
latest reply

@sharingthelandwrote:

@emerald40wrote:

@sharingthelandwrote:

Then they are not freight forwarders - reshippers?

That was my question.

With paypal can they send it to someone in Japan who does not like it who then sends it back to them.  Can they then send it back to you in the 6 months paypal gives them to return

something.

Knowing that they are dealing with people outside the country and with customs who are also known to steal, I am still waiting for that answer to my question.

This company seems to be well versed in how ebay and paypal work.  so I want an even playing field and to know all the facts before I would recommend or use them.

Message 81 of 96
latest reply

facepalm cat.jpg

Message 82 of 96
latest reply

Go back through the thread and read other posts.  I believe (without looking) that jimmy posted thorough explanations of Shop America (and it's 99 other ids).

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 83 of 96
latest reply

Your buyer is in the US.

You sell to the US.

Cancelling such purchases will result in defects.

Defects will get you suspended.

FWIW, I've sold to them about 4-5x.   I welcome their business.  Again, they are a US based customer.  It is no different than any other domestic transacion.  Once they buy the item, what does it matter what they do with it.  They can take a hammer to it.  They can wear it as a hat.   They can make into windchimes.   I don't care.  They paid for it.

You say you don't want your items leaving the country.  Many of your items aren't from this country.

Message 84 of 96
latest reply

so I want an even playing field and to know all the facts before I would recommend or use them.

The facts are posted in the thread.  I sold something to them just a few weeks ago, and have done so for years without a problem.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 85 of 96
latest reply

@sharingthelandwrote:

Go back through the thread and read other posts.  I believe (without looking) that jimmy posted thorough explanations of Shop America (and it's 99 other ids).

Do know that I like others are just trying to protect ourselves.

I would like to expand where I sell to but at the safest way possible.

So I will go reread the thread.

Message 86 of 96
latest reply

@emerald40wrote:

@sharingthelandwrote:

@emerald40wrote:

@sharingthelandwrote:

That was my question.

With paypal can they send it to someone in Japan who does not like it who then sends it back to them.  Can they then send it back to you in the 6 months paypal gives them to return

something.

Knowing that they are dealing with people outside the country and with customs who are also known to steal, I am still waiting for that answer to my question.

This company seems to be well versed in how ebay and paypal work.  so I want an even playing field and to know all the facts before I would recommend or use them.

Hi, emerald ~ I hate being the poo poo pants posting police, but when you use the quote feature could you please try to type your replies "underneath or below" the quote and not "within" the quote?  You are a prolific poster and it makes it very very difficult to follow the thread when the quote feature is used incorrectly...thank you!  @emerald40

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 87 of 96
latest reply

@hidy-hoowrote:

@emerald40wrote:

@sharingthelandwrote:

@emerald40wrote:

@sharingthelandwrote:

That was my question.

something.

Hi, emerald ~ I hate being the poo poo pants posting police, but when you use the quote feature could you please try to type your replies "underneath or below" the quote and not "within" the quote?  You are a prolific poster and it makes it very very difficult to follow the thread when the quote feature is used incorrectly...thank you!  @emerald40

Not at all.  You should have seen how I used to post before Eponomous set me straight.

I thought the line that I posted was a separation between your post and mine.

Now I see I can just scroll to the very bottom.

Is this better?

If I can improve something, I will gladly try it.

Message 88 of 96
latest reply

Much better.

Message 89 of 96
latest reply

@sam9876wrote:

Much better.

Thank you.  I am always open to suggestion.

But I also see why I resorted to that method because it just happened now.  I had to leave and come back in.

When I hit reply, the cursor took me to right in front of the M in Much better.

When I tried to move it to the end of the period and hit enter, it extended the vertical line.  I wonder if this is just an IE problem.

But this time I left and went back in.

Message 90 of 96
latest reply