cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay Commercials?

Hi, ebayers. Where are the ebay commercials? I've seen great Etsy commercials, touching Amazon commercials, but NO ebay commercials. We need advertising to boost our sales!!

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

ebay Commercials?

Ebay has advertised in the past. Have you seen the Etsy ads? It makes me want to buy something on Etsy just because the ads are good!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

ebay Commercials?

@laur200 wrote:

Hi, ebayers. Where are the ebay commercials? I've seen great Etsy commercials, touching Amazon commercials, but NO ebay commercials. We need advertising to boost our sales!!

eBay is not going to spend money to boost your sales unless that also boosts their revenue and results in a net gain for eBay. 

eBay has data from past advertising campaigns and has observed their effect on billions and billions of transactions. 

I suspect they know exactly how effective those ad campaigns are and how much revenue they are likely to generate.  

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

ebay Commercials?

@laur200  a quick glance through forum topics here will show you that many agree.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 31
latest reply

ebay Commercials?

Just like 7-11,  eBay doesn't need to advertise. 

Word of mouth is the best advertisement, hopefully those words are good ones.

I have seen a few brief eBay ads, but not many people watch cable TV anymore.

Also, one needs to be internet savvy to do anything on eBay.

IMHO, its not easy to do anything on eBay. And selling here is fraught w/ frustration.

Commercials won't help these issues. 24 years on here and I'm constantly stumped.

Loose Cannon
Message 4 of 31
latest reply

ebay Commercials?

EBay is advertising on FaceBook. I guess that's where their customers are.

It might help if those who see an eBay commercial in the wild told us where they were seen.

Not just "on the football game" but "on the football game between the Dodgers and the Raptors on MSNBC".

That  would give  better picture of who the advertising company thinks is a possible customer.

Ditto with AZ and etsy.

For the record, AZ did a lot of advertising on our local news when they were building a new plant here. The ads focussed on what a good place to work it was.

Someone posted a sentimental AZ ad  on my FB recently. I hadn't seen it on TV, but AZ got a lot of free advertising from that post.

I have never seen an etsy advertisement on TV. I have seen etsy mentioned in decorating magazines and online sites as a source for interesting handmade items.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

ebay Commercials?

@laur200 

eBay has advertisements for automotive items on the radio and certain "Guaranteed Fit" items aka again , Automotive, but as far as the rest of us...forget about it.  Keep listing, keep the faith and hang in there, friend.

Happy Selling

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

ebay Commercials?

The only commercials I ever hear are on the radio they are the ones promoting eBay Motors sized to fit campaign. 

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

ebay Commercials?

I have not seen many commercials. I do not think that matters.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

ebay Commercials?

All of what you've stated, plus I've a few for their authentication program.😞

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

ebay Commercials?

Ebay has advertised in the past. Have you seen the Etsy ads? It makes me want to buy something on Etsy just because the ads are good!

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

ebay Commercials?

I've been selling, off and on, for 15 years. Some people still watch regular TV, at least some of the time.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

ebay Commercials?

Ebay has advertised in the past. The Etsy ads makes me want to buy something on Etsy just because the ads are good!

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

ebay Commercials?

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

ebay Commercials?

ebay has advertised in the past. Have you seen the Etsy ads? It makes me want to buy something on Etsy just because the ads are good!

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

ebay Commercials?

Then why do companies spend billions advertising? It DOES matter! Ebay has advertised in the past. Have you seen the Etsy ads? It makes me want to buy something on Etsy just because the ads are good!

Message 15 of 31
latest reply