cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay suspension

I was suspended for listing a necklace I described as made of “bovine bone “. I had used the description because I thought it was okay after seeing copious other sellers using that same description in their listings. I lodged a complaint about the unfairness of being singled out while so many others continue to sell bovine bone. Anyone else experience this?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: eBay suspension

@mam98031 wrote:

@ebeths_eclectic_collectibles wrote:

You can contact eBay for business on Facebook but what really will you accomplish. Most likely you will just end up in a vicious circle with no resolution other than to be completely suspended. Maybe they fix one listing and the next listing starts the whole thing up again

OK if that is how you feel, don't do anything.  It is your choice.  I gave you info on how you can contact Ebay.  It is up to you if you want to use any of it or not.  

But lets be clear here, you will NOT get "completely suspended" for contacting Ebay Customer Service with a problem.  You are being paranoid for some odd reason.  Not sure where that came from.

But if you are satisfied with the way things are for you right now, then of course just move forward.  You have to do what is right for you.

Yeah! way to ram that help right down their throats...

You know the old saying... "You can lead a horse to water..." seems there's an alternative ending to that one that goes like this... If you're pushy, you might just be able to make them drink it too...

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

I am not implying you would get suspended for contacting eBay for business on Facebook. What I am suggesting is they may resolve the listing issue for one listing but creating a new and different listing for a similar product might start up the whole process again

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@isaiah53-57 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

You can contact eBay for business on Facebook but what really will you accomplish. Most likely you will just end up in a vicious circle with no resolution other than to be completely suspended. Maybe they fix one listing and the next listing starts the whole thing up again

OK if that is how you feel, don't do anything.  It is your choice.  I gave you info on how you can contact Ebay.  It is up to you if you want to use any of it or not.  

But lets be clear here, you will NOT get "completely suspended" for contacting Ebay Customer Service with a problem.  You are being paranoid for some odd reason.  Not sure where that came from.

But if you are satisfied with the way things are for you right now, then of course just move forward.  You have to do what is right for you.

Yeah! way to ram that help right down their throats...

You know the old saying... "You can lead a horse to water..." seems there's an alternative ending to that one that goes like this... If you're pushy, you might just be able to make them drink it too...

Providing someone with the information on how to contact CS on Ebay is not as you describe.  It is simply providing the info.  The poster I was speaking to decided they didn't want to do that, which is fine, their choice, their right.  I wasn't being pushy.  They expressed a reason why they didn't want to contact them and I called it for what it is, being paranoid not something that would happen to them for merely contacting CS.  You call that being pushy, OK, I call it honesty and reality.  Still their choice and I said that too.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

I am not implying you would get suspended for contacting eBay for business on Facebook. What I am suggesting is they may resolve the listing issue for one listing but creating a new and different listing for a similar product might start up the whole process again

It is very hard to respond to a "what if" situation without more details.  CS doesn't normally cause multiple problems with other listings because they help you fix one, but anything is possible I suppose.

Do what you feel is best for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 19
latest reply