cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's latest promotion a lot of nonsense

We waited all month for a genuinely non-flawed, on time, fair duration, non-inconveniently timed, promotion.

eBay  awards us with a four day, during the holiday weekend, not even good until end of the month, 500 free (get to work, you only have 96 hours), have fun working while we - and all your buyers- are all off spending time with our family and friends, don't stay up too late, sorry we couldn't deliver anything better, promotion.

What a joke.

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: eBay's latest promotion a lot of nonsense

@shoptalkid wrote:

The offering of these 500 free listings seems to always coincide with major site issues and updates.  Once the site is running smoothly, they won't be offered.  

So what you're saying is that we'll ALWAYS see the promos then...right  (*sarc)

Message 31 of 49
latest reply

I HAVE noticed that when something goes VERY wrong with the site or there's an unusually egregious seller update and there's a fair amount of general uproar you suddenly see a massive free listing promo.(distract them so they shut up)

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 32 of 49
latest reply

I would be quite happy to get the 500 listing promotion.  You are lucky. 

Lately I am not getting the promotions, although I am a Power Seller with Excellent reviews.....so my listings now are half of what they had been.

Message 33 of 49
latest reply

I'm pretty sure that should my daughter say suddenly use up a 500 promo offer they would stop dead. (As I am currently her "listing/packing fairy" this is unlikely to ever happen lol)

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 34 of 49
latest reply

When I began to sell on Ebay there were no promotions at all...

Everyone paid for each listing...I think it was about 35 cents...and the commission rate was lower. I don't remember the specifics--it was 2005, but there were no deals.  It was a more fun, interesting auction site, IMHO.   

Message 35 of 49
latest reply

I got the ...

"Get 100 additional listings for only a nickel each!"

Of course I would have had to use up all my other listings first (about 150 left for the month), and since it ends on May 28th, that would have meant I couldn't list (without paying a DIME each) for the next three days.

I didn't even bother activatiing it.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 36 of 49
latest reply

Agreed!   Last month I had 3 different promos totalling 350 listings.  This month NONE!   Just emails trying to get me to open a store.    The commission they get on my sales is their loss!   It does not make sense to me.   The fees between Ebay and Paypal are high enough,  it's not worth it to me to pay more.  May have to start looking at alternate auction/selling sites.

Message 37 of 49
latest reply

100 is more than enough for me, given it's just for four days.
Message 38 of 49
latest reply

if rules and software permitted, I would give away the activated offer to another seller, once I've gotten my fill

...which would be <100.
Message 39 of 49
latest reply

I received 200 listings free including auctions with no fees for Buy-it-now.  I'm using them to move old listings to auction with BIN for the week.  

It is what it is.  We aren't entitled to get any perks on ebay or to even sell on the platform.  Evalute if it's worthwhile to you and then focus on the things you can take advantage of.

Just my two cents.

Message 40 of 49
latest reply

I have not received any listing promotions in 17 months now. And yes, I do not think it is fair since I have followed all the rules. I could really use these free listings like anyone else. Can't help but feeling bad about this.

Message 41 of 49
latest reply

I'm guessing they moved to staggered (random) promos when the old way of all seller promos would crash the site, but it sure doesn't seem too 'random' when you see the same sellers getting them all the time and others not at all.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 42 of 49
latest reply

I think I got the nickel one; not sure about the 500 in 4 days (and doesn't it say "new" listings, as in you must create them, not relist? that's a swift kick) because:

I played golf yesterday in the sunshine.

I played golf today in the sunshine.

Hopefully I can figure out how to get on the course early enough tomorrow (sunshine later in the day) because I have to go to the Eat A Flag Party* tomorrow afternoon.

In other words, I am just not caring much now.  That's not to say I don't need the money - of course I do or I wouldn't be doing this schmazzle - but right now I'm in an "ebay - meh" slump.

*That's what one of the twin terrors calls the cookout at his house.  Hopefully there's cake batter involved in there somewhere.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 43 of 49
latest reply

There's absolutely NO way for eBay to make promos "new" listings. They tried it once and gave up because their system simply doesn't work that way. New on a promo just means created DURING the promo window after activation.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 44 of 49
latest reply

I got the 500 penny listings. I used....23.  Those are auctions because I still have plenty of the Fixed Price listings I already paid for (store). Twenty-three auctions is a lot for me. I've tried selling single books at auction and it just doesn't work so I only auction book and DVD lots.

I only saved $3.22 thanks to this promotion. Of course if I get sales that I might otherwise have not, that is good, too. 

Message 45 of 49
latest reply