cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Promoted Listings Advanced Feature Updates!

"Starting 22 Feb 2024, your manual Promoted Listings Advanced campaigns will have more visibility across eBay.

Promoted Listings Advanced campaigns using manual targeting will be eligible to appear in additional placements on listing pages."

Does this mean Ebay have improved the visibility for PL Advanced listings ?

Or is Ebay simply trying to get more money out of advertisers ?

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Or does it mean ebay is going to cram more competitor's ads into everyone's listings? =more visibility+

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I think it is a wait and see for the answer. I hope it works the way they are saying it will.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Is it just me, or do others agree that promoted listings are a cancer to the entire ebay experience?

As an aside, I'm noticing that the relevancy of promoted listings in search results (ie, relevant to what search terms I'm actually using) is plunging.  Now it seems that the promoted listing results that show up at the top of the search page don't even have half of my search terms in the item title and are barely even marginally related to what I'm searching for.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

My sales have dropped dramatically since the inception of the Promoted Listings.  When the program started, most promotion fees (at least in my listings) fell between 2% and 6%.  The new “suggested” rate for the same items now range from 8% to 12.5%.  In order to maintain my top-rated seller rating, I generally offer free shipping. Most of my items qualify for USPS media mail, but the price of that has more than doubled in the last 3 years. In my

scenario, there is no way to absorb 10+%  promotion fees and expect to cover costs, let alone actually make a profit.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The ceo is instituting walmart tactics against ebay sellers.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@roberto331jbw wrote:

My sales have dropped dramatically since the inception of the Promoted Listings.  When the program started, most promotion fees (at least in my listings) fell between 2% and 6%.  The new “suggested” rate for the same items now range from 8% to 12.5%.  In order to maintain my top-rated seller rating, I generally offer free shipping. Most of my items qualify for USPS media mail, but the price of that has more than doubled in the last 3 years. In my

scenario, there is no way to absorb 10+%  promotion fees and expect to cover costs, let alone actually make a profit.

eBay search has turned into a nightmare. Looking for small pet dishes system brought up (like the choice of wording?) car parts. Looking for a particular McDonald's item...Results..A bunch of hockey  cards with the item I was looking for interspersed amongst the junk. You have to choose your words extremely closely to find what you are actually looking for. As for the promoted items that show up. More like to find what you are looking for in those vs the original search.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@aqeeqsouq Long time no see. Welcome back.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@fab_finds4u  Thank you very much, I'm so happy to be back.

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 9 of 9
latest reply