cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay management payments holds “ performance review “

I’ve gotten 2  “ performance review” holds on my managed payments account in the last week. One for 3,000! And now for $500. I’ve been selling on EBay for almost 20 years...anyone else experiencing problems. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: eBay management payments holds “ performance review “

The sellers are all leaving a sinking ship.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I'm in the middle of the same exact problem right now (~10 days and counting). I have ~$750 tied up in this mess. I've talked to support three times now and was told my payouts were scheduled to be disbursed yesterday (Wednesday, 5/12). Still nothing but that message at the top of my Payments page.

All of my metrics are green in my seller dashboard. My funds show as "Available funds", not as "On hold" or "Processing". I've been reassured that the problem isn't with me as a seller, so I just don't understand why eBay can't do a better job about communicating with sellers when stuff like this happens. It feels like legitimate sellers are being penalized for whatever set of conditions are triggering these "performance review" events that don't seem to have anything to do with the actual performance reviews that occur on the 20th of each month.

I understand that stuff happens, whether it's bugs with code conditions (I'm a web developer, so I truly understand this, lol) or whatever else (for instance, maybe the "performance review" message is the wrong one to be displayed to us for whatever the actual hold-up is). But this has just given me yet another reason to not be able to rely on money coming in when I expect it.

First, it was the shift to MP. I had to adjust my expectations for money to hit my account over X number of days instead of being able to Instant Transfer via PayPal directly after payment. Not a huge deal, but still an adjustment. Now, I made these recent sales last week with the expectation that the money would be in the bank by Tuesday. NOPE! It seems like there is just no reliability any longer for when we can expect money to hit the bank.

I wish eBay would just enable Instant Transfer already, as well as be more transparent about implementations that could negatively affect legitimate sellers. This is driving me bonkers...

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@kinnickinnick1963 wrote:

While small US sellers may be leaving, apparently they are regarded as replaceable with China sellers.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

does the problem solved? have you get your money

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

did you ever get your money

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Huh? 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@kinnickinnick1963 wrote:

Ummm ... okay. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply